Jervis bay accommodation with a boat

thesquidking

Hi guys,

Im looking at going down to jb next week and will be taking my 5 metre boat down with me.

As ive never been down there can anyone suggest a caravan park or other accommodation that I am able to park my boat along side us.

Nothing to fancy as we will be out fishing all day we only need somewhere to sleep.

cheers guys.

I have stayed at the tourist park at Sanctuary Point on St Georges Basin with my 5m boat. Its very convenient if you are launching at Murrays Beach. I have also stayed at one of the Huskisson parks (there are 3) but I've forgotten its name. But the ramp there is a few km up the creek and its a slow 4kt run down to the bay, then a long run out if you're fishing near the Middle Ground. Most tourist parks are happy to have boats parked.

Edited by Benzeenees

I normally stay at curraong. Nice caravan park. Gives you the option to fish outside the heads or in the bay quickly. So depending on which way the wind is blowing you can choose a side.

Plenty of room. You launch at currong to go outside and fish the reefs, cliffs etc. or you launch from callala bay for the inside. Callala bay is very good for launching on your own. But bit of a drive to middle grounds etc.

If you stay at White Sands, lock your booze up. We where there late last year when Sydney copped over 80mm of rain in a week, and the local little scum bags where still out stealing booze from peoples eskies!!!!!!!!!!!Even when it was pouring rain, 2 punks walk past at 2am outside the fence of the park as I got up for a smoke. Didn't think anything of it, but they took booze from the neighbours esky.

Tally for the trip over 7-10days,,,,, 6 crowns, 2 coronas, a JB premix, and 2 bottles of plonk, AND a bottle of coke (desperate) VS ZERO kings. Wouldn't have minded the booze being stolen if the fish were biting but they weren't.

Dan

PS White Sands is a great park, close to the shops, etc. And if they aren't chockers they might/have given us extra space. Last year we had 3 cars, 1 caravan, 1 cub camper, and a boat in there on 3 sites