Sugarloaf Bay

flattiefisher27

G'day raiders

Headed down to sugarloaf bay this arvo armed with the usual prawns and pilchards targeting anything that swims!!! Arrived at The Steps and decided that it was too big a drop down to the water and if we got anything decent we wouldn't be able to net it!!! Anyway moved on further round the point and gee it was windy!!! On our way climbing over and under all the rocks we managed to drop both water bottles, the bait and our lunch! However all was recovered a little bit saltier than it had once been. Anyways onto the fishing.

First cast of the day produced a little snapper. So did the second cast. A few minutes later my grandpa is onto a good fish run over and grab the net only to see that it is a leather jacket!!! About a half hour later and he is on again! After a great first run we knew that this was something of size. Thought it may have been a good Flattie however when it got to the surface it was a great bream!! I was just about to bet the fish and it goes and swims off into the oysters. Oh no!!!! Thought he had snagged us however he swan back out and I went to net him for the second time and I get him into the however the net gets caught on the oysters instead and the fish escapes the net!! After a few yanks the net was free and I scooped up the fish onto the rocks!!! I almost had a heart attack during that crazy experience!!! Put him on the brag mat and he measured up at 32cm and was very fat!!! A few minutes after and I was on to a solid fish which felt like it had a bit of weight to it! I shouted to grandpa "GRAB THE NET!!!! GRAB THE NET!!!" And when he came to the surface it was a big old leather jacket again!!! Very disappointed.

All in all it was a good days fishing and a new favourite spot!!! The final rally ended up being 7 baby snapper 2 leatherjackets and 2 bream

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanks for reading and good luck!!!

flattiefisher27 (Jacob)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk