King and a Flattie

ANwan

Hi raiders

Only new to this forum but love reading the stories and tips I get from this forum so i thought i share my 1st king and my dad flattie from this morning fishing from the Spit ..

The sized at 78cm and flattie at 67cm a very goood day as it was out 1st time thier .. would of landed 3 more kings but my knots are still not 100% .. so back to the research and trials and hopefully to chase for some more kings ..

But any tips would be much appriciated ..

post-32999-0-82514400-1391933089_thumb.jpg

post-32999-0-98347400-1391933098_thumb.jpg

Welcome ANwan, mate they are great fish, both of them. You may be still in the early stages but you are definitely doing something right. I have been fishing for years and my best flatty to date is still 68cm. You might be passing tips to us all very shortly if you keep that kind of performance up. Well done to you both.

Luc.

57 is still a good fish. It is ideal fillet size and will make a tasty feed. If the uni knot is slipping there you are not tying it up properly. With mine they either snap or stay on, they shouldn't slip. Perhaps try the locked half blood knot. That may help a bit. It is not as strong as the uni but in saying that it doesn't break at much less. It also should not slip on you.

Excellent stuff ANwan :thumbup: and :1welcomeani: to Fishraider.

Those are quality fish all right. As mentioned above we will be asking you for tips with catches like that.

Sounds like a ripper of a session you had and what a great way to spend it with your dad.

Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.

Ian

Hi raiders

Only new to this forum but love reading the stories and tips I get from this forum so i thought i share my 1st king and my dad flattie from this morning fishing from the Spit ..

The sized at 78cm and flattie at 67cm a very goood day as it was out 1st time thier .. would of landed 3 more kings but my knots are still not 100% .. so back to the research and trials and hopefully to chase for some more kings ..

But any tips would be much appriciated ..

Nice fish there great work! did you catch those under a float? or did you just bomb out with a big sinker?

Thanks snapper i always use the uni knot but some how it always slips but ill get it one day .. and for the fish size the king was 78cm and flattie 57cm my dad caught the flattie ..

Make sure you pull the tag end and ensure theres no loops, before you pull the main line to secure.

This also applies for the double uni, if you don't tighten the tag ends, you'll be left with small loops and even after tightening the main line, the knot will give way.