Sea jay or quintrex

Curly88

Hi

I am new to this forum but have been fishing my whole life. Just sold my 5.35 quinny to upgrade to a bigger boat. I was thinking about a 6.4 sea jay pursuit or a 6.5 quintrex trident.

Just wanted to know has anybody had experience on either of these to boats. I know the quintrex offshore model does a lot of pounding in rough sea but thought the new hull of the trident might handle a lot better. My budget is around $75000-80000 is there any other aluminuim plate boats that people can recommend.

Thanks

Hi, the Stacer 649 Oceanranger is a proper plate boat unlike its Q brother. They ride better than pretty much all other plate boats in the price range they are-below your budget. If you wanted the best plate alloy boat full stop you should check out the Extreme range from NZ. Made to survey and CPC standards and they are a many levels up on the two brands you mentioned. The price tag for a 650HT (a proper HARDTOP) is over the budget but the 610HT would easily outperform the two larger boats and being a HT they offer much better protection. The Extreme HT with good clean power, options most boaters want is around the $80K mark depending on the exchange rate.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, the Stacer 649 Oceanranger is a proper plate boat unlike its Q brother. They ride better than pretty much all other plate boats in the price range they are-below your budget. If you wanted the best plate alloy boat full stop you should check out the Extreme range from NZ. Made to survey and CPC standards and they are a many levels up on the two brands you mentioned. The price tag for a 650HT (a proper HARDTOP) is over the budget but the 610HT would easily outperform the two larger boats and being a HT they offer much better protection. The Extreme HT with good clean power, options most boaters want is around the $80K mark depending on the exchange rate.

Cheers,

Huey.

Guest Aussie007

something to think about is the quintrex welds im not sure about the larger boats but i pulled up next to a near new 5m half cabin some months ago and cringed at the look of the welds, your spending a lot of moolah on a boat mate u want the best, i say go have a look at the boats mentioned in person and possible take one for a test drive im sure craig can arrange this :biggrinthumb: