My new boat

Rodb73

Hi Raiders,

I've just upgraded my boat and hoping you guys might know how it is likely to perform outside for a days fishing please. It is a 19ft Sea Line with 1998 90hp Johnson Ocean Runner on the back, which I have to say goes extremely well.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

post-23083-0-02035200-1392642793_thumb.jpg

post-23083-0-36262400-1392642810_thumb.jpg

post-23083-0-69118300-1392642826_thumb.jpg

Hi, it looks a capable hull for limited offshore work-not seen a lot of Sealine but I think back in the day they had a tie-in with Cruisecraft so they know a thing or two about making good boats. The V4 90HP E/J is about as good as old tech 90HP got so make sure you run good oil-I would use XD-100 if my engine and make sure they have the correct plugs-I have lost count of how many of these looper V4's come in here with the wrong plugs-QL78YC is what you want.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks so much for the reply Huey. Much appreciated and I'll definitely be checking the plugs. Funny you mentioned the oil, I had already planned to change it this weekend. So now I know exactly what to get.

I'm also looking for recommendations for someone to do a full set of camping covers for it as well. I've had a couple of quotes, which were way out there. If anyone knows or could make a recommendation for someone around the Camden area, it'd also be appreciated.

Once again, thanks Huey.

Hi, no problem and I think you will find most trimmers will be about the high $2K to low $3K for a full set of camper covers-that is replacing fitting a new bimini(the canopy on there at present will want to go), new front clear, new side clears and rear camper back. Our guy would be around these figures but he would not go that far, so I am sure there would be local guys that could add what you want and perhaps do it in stages if the budget does not stretch that far at first.

Also when funds allow the combo would benefit from a good SST prop to give even better performance-that prop looks like an older prop than 1998 and seems to have seen better days. I hope you are seeing around 5500RPM at WOT.

Cheers,

Huey.

Once again, thanks Huey.

I've had 2 prices at this stage, which were around $3500. I thought they were a bit steep. But, I haven't had to replace this before. So I was a bit surprised.

What's your recommendation on the prop please?

Thanks.