Kings/Cobia in the Hacking

Nutz4Fishin

Got the boat ready Monday arvo for an early start Tuesday. Went to go fuel up and left the phone on the back of the boat. Found it a few streets away all smashed up and broken so sorry no photos.

At the ramp 5.30am and not long after had the live bait tank full. We headed south where we fished for a few hours for nothing. Plenty of bait around but no kings. Decided to head back into the river as I've heard rumours of a few being caught.

Anchored up and with a nice burley trail flowing we started to see some fish come aboard. All snapper ranging from 25-29cm's so no keepers. Soon after the kings showed and managed to have some fun with them on light gear. Kings ranging 59-63cm so again no keepers. It looked as though there were some bigger one amongst them. They were following every other fish we caught to the boat including having a go at a nice size flounder on the surface. Also managed to pick up a cobia on very light tackle which went 70cm. Was a good fight.

Was a good day out.. looking forward to getting back out there!

Cheers

Congrats on getting the Cobia. A few cobes come out of the Hacking every year with some a good size.

As for how far south they go, I caught a little bloke about 2 kg in Wagonga Inlet at Narooma a few years ago and I have heard of them even further down.