THE YAK IS HERE! Let the pimping begin!

Witha

G'day raiders!! Finally got my yak today!! After months of planning and umming and ahhing finally went down and bought it :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one is sold under a few names but mine is known as a Scorpio Terrapin xl. And damn its awesome!

28kg 3.85m long, plastic. 4 flush holders, rudder system, bait sounder and swivel rod holder console, all the flashy stuff. Upgraded the paddle from the most basic to a nicer one, and got the actual deluxe seat which after sitting in many yaks feels so much better.

The bloke (it's from an actual shop) gave me a good deal on the seat paddle and a decent trolley (was going go diy one but for the price I was in the mood to grab it)

It's fitted with scotty mounts but he didn't have scotty swivel holders so thats the next thing to grab :)

Posted Image

Managed to put my old thule racks onto the commy with a bit of padding, new thule fit kit and footing is in the mail to make it legit. Interesting getting it on and off, had.my old man helping me for the first run but it travelled excellently.

Just gotta pick up my pfd off a mate and I'm on the water!

Oh and not to forget a lowrance elite x4 :)

Going to paddle anywhere from Pittwater to botany and others so once I get my sea legs back would love to meet up with somenof you!

Still beaming with excitement!

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Give it a lick, just to be sure. Let us know if you're launching either in the Georges or the Port H. I may be able to team up.

Haha will do. Paddle ALOT faster maybe :P

That'd be great :) checked out georges today as the shop was in taren point, and hacking has always interested me! I'm enmore based so not too far!

Nice - I just purchased a yak from the same place. was looking at this one and the riot escape 12 (which i ended up purchasing) Picked it up on Wednesday, not the best day to in the pouring rain. Steve was even nice enough too help me load it on the car and tie it down in the rain.

You will have to let me know how it goes on the water.

Cheers

Matt

Nice - I just purchased a yak from the same place. was looking at this one and the riot escape 12 (which i ended up purchasing) Picked it up on Wednesday, not the best day to in the pouring rain. Steve was even nice enough too help me load it on the car and tie it down in the rain. 

You will have to let me know how it goes on the water.

Cheers

Matt

Nice one yeah checked that out too, was tempted but this one fitted my legs n bum better :P

Steve was great really helpful / friendly yup helped me get her on the car too and showed me a few tricks n tips for it :)

Haha trade jnfo on how the riot goes they looked really sweet!

Happy paddling!