Lake Illawarra

Tulz

Decidede to hit Lake Illlawarra last night with the plan being to chase some Jew. Bottom of the tide was just after 11pm however it was only a small tide so the odds were against me.

Armed with some fresh squid and my favorite plastics I set my bait rod up and began to flick my plastics around from the edge of the bank. I started off up near the caravan park off one of the little break walls. The squid was just being picked apart and I wasn't gettting much action on the plastics, only the odd nudge here and there.

After moving up and down the rock wall I decided to move down towards the bridge right on low. I swapped over from a 6" Zman Swimmerz Gizzard Shad to a Squidgy Mongrel Boof Mullet. There was more activity down towards the bridge with the odd Mullet and Tailor jumping around. I managed a couple of undersized Flatties before I got a thumping hit on the plastic. As I got it closer to the shore I saw a cracking Flattie on the end of my line. I got it to my feet and bang she took off, I suspect I didn't have the hook set properly. I was spewing as it would definately have been a PB for me. It's these kind of moments that keep us going back for more right?

After that it went quiet so it was time to head off home. There were some other guys fishing off the bridge but it didn't look like they fared much better than me.

Keep at it mate! Dropped two 60/70cm versions at the shore due to no lip grip/net a couple of weeks ago...spewing! The leader took a beating from their mouths. Now I net em straight away :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk