Stockon Beach...

Trouble

gday,heading up to stocko for a bit of beach fish over saty arvo/night and sunday morning..I have never fished there before and was just wondering is there any perticular end or area of the beach that fishes better than other parts?..Any advice would be apreciated.. :beersmile:

Will be trying my luck, spinning in the day for sambos and tailor and then move onto the jews at night and if there none about i have some big stinky mullet slabs for some noahs or anything stupid enough to take it :1prop: ...hopefully in for some fun.. :thumbup:

Rob..

I reckon a good strategy is to get up there in the daylight and find a good formation to set up on before dusk. The whole beach can change over time so it's hard to say what is good. Drive and keep an eye out for that gutter, hole or swarm of black that is a school of sambos. The Sygma wreck is always worth a shot on either side. Hope it goes well Trouble.

Wombat :1fishing1:

Guest madsmc

Hey Trouble, I will second Wombats comments. The Sygna is always a good bet. Been up there a couple of times with mates for overnight trips. As a group we've never come home empty handed.

I don't have a 4WD so I mostly hoof it up the beach when going for solo sessions. With my limited options I usually mooch around the stinkpipe which is not far north of the last car park (and the footy ground), and there are usually some gutters before the pipe as well.

On the northern side of the pipe there is usually a fairly good channel to throw baits or big plastics into. Have managed a few bream from this channel the last few times I've gone up there. I am planning to hang around there one or two mornings/evenings when the weather gets a bit warmer to see if Mr or Mrs Jew Fish is at home.

Stockton is a BIG beach so I'm sure you'll be able to scope the many gutters during daylight hours and come back to them at night after spinning the sambo's.

Best of luck.

madsmc

:1fishing1:

Good advice lads.

Stockton is amazing, with the dunes it's like being in the Sahara Desert!!!

I've had the best fishing session of my life at Stockton and also spent entire weekends there & got SFA. When it's hot it's hot!

Good Luck.

Good advice lads.

Stockton is amazing, with the dunes it's like being in the Sahara Desert!!!

I've had the best fishing session of my life at Stockton and also spent entire weekends there & got SFA. When it's hot it's hot!

Good Luck.

63909[/snapback]

Iain also spent a lot of time in the Anna Bay Pub perched infront of the Queen Of the Nile machine with an array of Schooners in front of him.

Also seen in a beach gutter with an esky. :074::074:

Gutsy

Bloody Gutsy!!!

Yeah mate . . . and while we were at the pub you were at church . . . NOT!!

Where have you been mate?

63937[/snapback]

Work is a shit and juggling family life. You know how it is.

Wife is off to USA for 10 days leaving me with kid :1yikes::1yikes:

That means drop off and pickup from day care 3 days a week and 2 days with the Nanny.

Ohh to be fishing........................ :tease::tease: