Bream spots

jawno

I known this might push some buttons so ill ask this; what are some well known consistent bream spots in Sydney?

Can't seem to get a bream on lures in Sydney for the life of me! I know structure is a key aspect of finding bream and when I do see some structure, ill fish it from every angle and lose a couple of plastics trying to get it in there nice and deep like...

I went to lavender bay the other day but all I caught was a glimpse of some speeding kingies and a couple of small tailor. Flicked a lure at the kings but the stupid tailor got it!

Any tips would be much appreciated. Just want to get some decent bream. I promise ill chuck them back so u can catch them too :-D

Thanks,

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hiya Jawno - its unlikely you will be inundated with members divulging their consistent land based bream spots - there is lots of info on here, but you must use the search function and read through the posts ,you will soon start to get some direction on which way to point yourself.

Cheers and Good luck

Blood Knot

• Like 1

Yea this is why I asked for well known spots! I wont be giving my secrets up to easy when. I find them...

Yea I was thinking of going around to luna park. I reckon there would be some nice ones there.

I will gander the forums

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

There was a thread I found with a google map of some land based spots around Sydney. I have been trying a few of them to figure out the area. I am finding the various spots on the inner harbour tend to all have paid parking. I am beginning to think it might be more cost effective to buy a boat.

Something I wasn't aware of though is that if you try out the spots listed near middle head, the only thing you are likely to catch is an eyeful of trouser snake, as I discovered today while trying to find my way to the rock ledges there. I guess that goes with not being up to date on the gay nude scene.

Guest Aussie007

me and some mates have fished the georges river recently not LB and we were getting a few bream with whiting in amung them

try lugarno on the georges river my uncle uses steak and has caught some nice fat bream there, that is if your lure fails to find the fish

Edited by gazza

Bream are everywhere. But you need to keep moving. You can't expect to keep pulling out bream after bream from 1 spot. I find 5 casts per spot is the maximum, after that you're wasting your time. Unless you hook up before the 5 casts are up, in which case move on. You won't likely catch another one at that spot after you have had a solid hookup. If bream follow your lure and don't eat it within 5 casts, move on and come back in at least 1/2 hour. I fish from a kayak, and believe they are a solid investment for the results you get. You can access all the good spots from all the right angles and you can cover heaps of ground without lugging all your gear along a shoreline. If you do go landbased just have a back pack and rod so you can keep moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk