15 hp parsun

Flickn Mad

I have wondered that myself (PARSUN OUTBOARD) like anything new (I think there would be a lot of issues to start with) than again I remember when Ryobi first came out it was (not so good ) and now it's one of the better Tool Product you can get. but there is a big difference between Tools and Out-Board engine . I would rather get a Proven Product and Get home after every Trip on the Water as well, Let someone do the testing and prove the Product before I get it . I'v seen a few New Out-boards on the market but only on sites where they are being sold on Aktion sites for (seemingly Very Cheep) what reason I don't know. and I'm yet to see one of these Out-board engine on the water . that's my Thought's on those new engines. NO I haven't had or got nor will have any experience with PARSUN or THE other Make. If I was you have a talk with the site sponsor I'm sure Huey @ Huett Marine will look after you . also consider the Resale Value if you decide to upgrade in the future. I bet you will have a lot better Chances Than with a unproven Out-board Engine . Good luck with your decision.

Cheers Oziodin :fishing1:

Edited by oziodin

Guest Aussie007

parsun are a yamaha copy made in china, some months ago i rebuilt a yamaha and yamaha wanted $1900 for a 25hp crankshaft where as parsun wanted $350 for a new crankshaft

heres a few pics grey engine is yamaha black engine is parsun

post-3154-0-67874500-1394149185_thumb.jpg

post-3154-0-56309900-1394149196_thumb.jpg

post-3154-0-63931100-1394149205_thumb.jpg

If I was buying a small 2 stroke for a small roof top tinny or an older 2nd hand tinny and I had to keep the budget down then I'd consider a Parson but personally if it was for a more substantial purchase then I'd avoid them purely for resale reasons.

A 2.5 to 6hp 2 stroke used occasionally is IMO likely to be in a different league when it comes to depreciation compared to Parsons new electric tilt/trim 60 to 90 horse range and if it was me I'd be avoiding their larger motors.

You 11 footer is sort of in the middle between those two extremes and I guess you could go either way.

Edited by Jabiru658

Hi, most Chinese outboards are made by the one company and trust me I have seen where they are made and it is impressive. They would of built more old tech powerheads last year than pretty much any other company and not quite right about who they copy-it changes depending on the HP and very much like the Japanese did back in the day-they just copied OMC designs. We choose to stock and sell the Vortex range, same as Parsun, but are imported by the biggest company in the Oz trailer boat scene, being Telwater. What that means to me and the end customer is the 3 year warranty means something and at present there are about 10 Chinese brands coming down here but none have the backing of Vortex. We have sold around 80 in the last two odd years and have not had one "let go" for a better word and as mentioned buying a new carby 15HP Vortex for less than what some people try and get for second hand is a no brainer due to the warranty. Do not let any one tell you their basic carby 15HP outboard runs better or worse than the next-they are all pretty much the same and the Vortex is where the price of the other carby old tech engines should be and is the main reason Telwater decided to do this-you guys were getting rip off by the other old tech manufacturers with what they charge down under for a new carby outboard.

Long story short I would not have a problem using a Chinese outboard if you are just wanting a basic carby engine and there is only one brand I would use and that is what we choose to stock.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks guys, I have a larger glass center console to fish from but have had the littlie tinny I am gunna fix up for a camping/bream/bass boat 15 on the back and electric on the front.

With two little ones and the missus not working it is all about value for money, also being some what of a horder resale price isn't really an issue.

Plus if I break down up the river the electric will hopefully see me through and then I will have some thing to report about.

Will probably give you a call Huey and see what we can do. Also can u do hull id plate for an old unregisted tinny. I have a receipt for its purchase.

Hi Flickn, not wanting to annoy anyone but I'd be a bit wary about the new Chinese stuff, have a look at some known brands second hand, little two strokes are pretty simple things but the quality of the steel and bearings make a big difference on longevity. I'd rather a 10 year old merc/Yammie/Johnson to be honest. Each to his own though.

Yeah I have no illusions regarding the better quality of yammys ect but trying to find a second hand motor for a reasonable price that isn't in far north queensland is not so easy. vortex has a three year warranty,

Still some research to do and your input is all being taken on board.

you gotta remember there is good Chinese and then theres the Chinese that leaves you hungry with a bad taste in your mouth

Guest Aussie007

Yeah I have no illusions regarding the better quality of yammys ect but trying to find a second hand motor for a reasonable price that isn't in far north queensland is not so easy. vortex has a three year warranty,

Still some research to do and your input is all being taken on board.

you gotta remember there is good Chinese and then theres the Chinese that leaves you hungry with a bad taste in your mouth

u shouldnt be to worried about the quality of the vortex engines, huey is a local dealer and from what ive read in his post over time is if u have a problem with the engine and its not your fault he'll fight for u to get any repairs done under warranty :biggrinthumb: