Daiwa gen rods

Kingfish1999

Hi all with a bit of many saved I'm going to get another light combo as I got a soft plastic rod for snapper/kingies. I'm tossing up between two reels and rods. Either a daiwa freams or ballistic and the daiwa gen black itchy twitchy ll or the two drunkmonkies. I'll be using it for bream, flatties, trevally, trout sort of fish. Will be from a boat or kayak.

Any help would be appreciate

Cheers Ethan

Edited by Ethan13

I have a drunkenmonkey and love using it but it is only a 1kg-2kg rod and I use it specifically for 3lb flouro throwing small stick minnows and light HBs so depending on what you want to use it for the slightly heavier itchy twitchy could be the better rod for you

The ballistic and the freams are very much the same the only difference really is the colour.

It's up to you which one but a personal favourite for me is the ballistic.

Yeah I thought so aswell same reel just different colour, but I thought it may have different features

And jameshanna I have a sienna it's good but I find they Arnt smooth after a while, that or I'm just used to smooth reels like my stradic

I fish light 1-3kg rod and a 1000 sienna for bream round pontoons out of my yak, pulled a 35 yesterday and handled great! I dunked it unfortunately as I was netting and just completely stripped it down for service, a little effort on the drag and internals and it feels like new again, can't beat a good clean n service for making them feel excellent again. Funnily enough I got smoked on a smaller fish on my 10lb outfit. Learning experience!

As much as I'm aching to upgrade to new toys think I'm gonna stick with the cheapys till I learn to keep em dry in the yak...how do the ballistics etc compare?

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I run a stradic 1000 on my drunkenmonkey with 3lb sniper flouro

I was think of doing that combo but I want to separate rods with different lures so I don't have to keep changing.

I havnt had a problem with my siennas but then i dont realy own expensive spin reels to realy tell with better drags but the siennas for me have been great in salt and fresh iv had fish pull drag for 20-50 meters at a time and they still feel great

I don't really use the. There for my younger brother who is 9'so he doesn't really care but don't get me wrong I have caught some decent Aussie salmon and trevally on them.

I fish light 1-3kg rod and a 1000 sienna for bream round pontoons out of my yak, pulled a 35 yesterday and handled great! I dunked it unfortunately as I was netting and just completely stripped it down for service, a little effort on the drag and internals and it feels like new again, can't beat a good clean n service for making them feel excellent again. Funnily enough I got smoked on a smaller fish on my 10lb outfit. Learning experience! As much as I'm aching to upgrade to new toys think I'm gonna stick with the cheapys till I learn to keep em dry in the yak...how do the ballistics etc compare?CheersWithaSent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I don't like using my good gear for that reason haha I always fear of losing the combo and once dropped it in but luckily my lure was snagged in a tree so I got it back :) almost lost $200 worth of gear..

Baha! Thats awesome...good karma that snagging a lure saved a combo!! Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes I know haha very lucky now I know not to get annoyed when I get snagged up

My sienna 2000 survived a half hour fight with an unknown fish in deep water where i was nearly spooled on each run just to wind all the line back in then loose it again at the end my knots gave and broke the reel was hot due to the drag working hard but left to cool down its still good

The really good reels and bonus the how cheap they are and where were you fishing when you lost the monster?

I was think of doing that combo but I want to separate rods with different lures so I don't have to keep changing.

You might start at two but it always ends up more I have seven light tackle estuary outfits :whistling:

Edited by The Iceman