A day in the harbour

big bell

Hey fellow Raiders just thought id share the day out with the family on syd harbour on sat

The day started out as a no stress affair not departing home til 10am a quick boat and bait fuel up and we were on our way , We arrived at Taplin park boat ramp at Drummoyne a little over an hour later (I swear my nav man didn't want us to find it.) there was one spot left in the car park and we happily took it up with two others then looking for parks after us.

Life jackets on the little ones ( 4yo and 6yo) sun block, biminny extender and were off, a shorter motor than thought and were travelling under the harbour bridge around lunar park and the opera house with some happy snaps for the kids show and tell , its great to get a different view of our wonderful harbour,

Pretty choppy due to the wind and the amount of boat traffic I thought id been to some busy places but this takes the cake, how there aren't any serious incidents occurring daily is beyond me as all variations of sailing vessels , ferrys and water taxis criss cross any which way,

Ok now the fishing...Not quite as exciting as the above unfortunately, this was primarily a sight seeing day but who cant wet a line when out in the boat ,fishing off watsons bay a dozen or so small snapper with a legal trevally and two legal bream thrown back for another day a drift past rose bay was a zero so we called it a day , good to see fisheries at the boat ramp checking all, packed up just before the storm.

Great family day with plenty of memories made.