Little Bay NSW fishing on Low Tide with Squidgies

Spykey

I am thinking to fishing at Little Bay, NSW on Saturday in the morning around 6.30 AM with Jigheads + Squidgies SP + Stiffy poppers on Finesse Bream Rod 762.

Will anyone recommend low tide fishing at Little Bay and where will be the best place the fish on low tide?

9gam4x.jpg

I know I can access the beach by walking down the wooden stairs. This allow me to fish on location marked A and can walk to B.

How can I access C, D and E?

I have read on forum people talking about jullianne rocks, the trap, etc etc.. Where are these located on the MAP?

I have read on the forum, people did good catch on Rapala X-Rap. I am thinking of getting one as well..

Little Bay has claimed three lives in the past 2 years. Along the Randwick city coastline there have been six deaths in the past two years making this area, statistically the most dangerous in Australia.

Juliennes is further north. You access it from bilga cres across the golf course. But be careful, need to fish it at low tide, in a swell less than 1m and preferably not a southerly. There are plenty of threads talking about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking to fishing at Little Bay, NSW on Saturday in the morning around 6.30 AM with Jigheads + Squidgies SP + Stiffy poppers on Finesse Bream Rod 762.

Will anyone recommend low tide fishing at Little Bay and where will be the best place the fish on low tide?

Posted Image

I know I can access the beach by walking down the wooden stairs. This allow me to fish on location marked A and can walk to B.

How can I access C, D and E?

I have read on forum people talking about jullianne rocks, the trap, etc etc.. Where are these located on the MAP?

I have read on the forum, people did good catch on Rapala X-Rap. I am thinking of getting one as well..

Hi,

Access to c and d are easy walks around the beach or to get to c walk through the golf course. D is just a walk around.

E is a walk around the south rocks. None of these points are hard to get to. Never had any luck with fish in the bay but use caution when fishing the rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest no one

Spot B is rubbish IMO, Spot E is 25 foot up in the air but can produce sweep and wrasse but there are also a lot of blind sharks and pickers however mainly eels. From my experience its mainly a bait spot.

Access spot E through the golf club or just walk around the base of the rocks from the beach

I fished Spot A and lost one of my berkley bigeye vibe because it was the first time I was using 5lb Fluorocarbon(ET branded). Paid $15 for it and was an absolute waste of money.It just breaks so easy. First bite and its gone.

Change to 12lb leader and got an undersized flathead on berkley bigeye vibe.

Got 2 pikes at spot B.

Not sure how pikes taste, I filleted both of them..

Got them on squidgies SP Silver fox

Got the Flathead on Betkley Bigeye (nugget) vibe.

Photos Below:

2ed5mjk.jpg

105un80.jpg

35an1us.jpg

vys51e.jpg

Edited by Spykey

Good work on trying the new grounds.

As for ET endorsed products... he endorses whoever pays him the most money, he doesn't care how good or bad it is. I have a tendency to stay away from everything he endorses including his advertisement show... I mean TV show.

As for pike, I have never tried it but from what I hear it is OK if prepared right and the stink disappears with cooking but I haven't been that keen to try it... the smell puts me off every time.

Luc.

So what will you recommend instead of ET?

well it was a bit smelly until I remove the fillet.

After that, no smell at all..

haven't cooked it yet.. will give some update when i do.

Will try little bay again next week on high tide. and will see what it is like.

I use sunlines finest most of the time.

For a fluorocarbon leader in saltwater I can't go past FC Rock and in freshwater I use Sunline troutist.

For a mono leader I use Sunline System shock leader which is a nylon line in saltwater and I use Maxima ultragreen in fresh water.

I have used other brands but found these lines to be the best for me personally.

Others will disagree but my money usually goes for those when it comes to leaders. My best advice would be to try a few of the better known brands like black magic, Sunline, Maxima, Berkely and Jinkai and stay away from the cheaper brands as there is a reason why they are cheap... The better known brands may charge a bit more but there is also reason as to why they are better known. ;)

Luc.

That's a great price for it. I would jump all over it. Usually it goes for about $25 for 100m.

Also I was in big W today and noticed a small range of ET products like squid jigs and soft plastics packs... they looked really dodgy. Not stuff I would pay for, they would be lucky to make it on my line even if they were given to me to be honest.

I would put money on it too saying that he doesn't use them either.

Edited by Trout Stalker

Squid jigs are pretty easy to use... most of the time they get hit on the drop. If they don't get hit on the drop basically let it get as close to the bottom as you can and give it four or five whips of your rod whilst turning your reel in between whips then let it sink again. Before you give your next whips give it a small pull to see if a squid has grabbed the jig. You will feel a bit of pressure against you and it will let out little jets trying to escape where you will feel little tugs. If you get one on just wind it in keeping the bend in your rod. If you let the pressure off the squid can get off. If there is no squid just repeat the process.

Remember that the jig is acting like a prawn and to retrieve it like a prawn darts away when scared. They also resemble bait fish too. Bait fish also run in short sharp bursts so the retrieve mentioned above also suits them too. Follow that advice and you should be onto plenty.

Luc.

Edited by Trout Stalker

Wouldnt it be nice to have a show where, you had honest reports on gear,boats, engines etc no bias just straight shooters. it will never happen due to sponsers etc but it would be great..... If i win millions and dont have to work i will give it a go for everyone :risata:

Take care at Little Bay. I used to fish there and only ever with a friend (never alone), it doesnt take much to lose your footing on those rock ledges, and barnacles make for a painful rock slide.

I had limited success around the area, the odd drummer was fun though.

Stimo, you never know. Look at the success of top gear, and they dont hold back.

Take care at Little Bay. I used to fish there and only ever with a friend (never alone), it doesnt take much to lose your footing on those rock ledges, and barnacles make for a painful rock slide.

I had limited success around the area, the odd drummer was fun though.

Stimo, you never know. Look at the success of top gear, and they dont hold back.

Yeah good point, just need someone to do it.... Wouldnt it be awesome to test everything about fishing for a job and just tell the truth on a product

Do any of these brands have a fluorocarbon leader kit with different weights?

Went to little bay yesterday and got an undersized flathead.

My mate got a 4kilo Squid or cuttle fish, not sure exactly what it is. See photos:

2nstgl2.jpg

28lq8tu.jpg