Malabar NSW - Squid Fishing? ....

EGK24A

Hi guys and girls,

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried their luck around the malabar area lately? I have been really into squid fishing lately and am looking for some new locations where I can catch squid.

According to Google Maps it looks like it's a half decent place to try and catch Squid / Fish.

Is there any safety issues that need to be known prior to going to this area? If there is please let me know. I plan on going on the 3rd of April with a small group of 3 or 4.

What fish can you catch here?

Anyway, on a more interesting topic for me, is it possible to catch squid here and if it is possible are the numbers high?

Thanks in advanced!

Mike

post-25363-0-20477700-1395193856_thumb.jpg

Edited by EGK24A

Coincidently I too saw this on google maps and tried it out last Saturday as my regular spot is getting popular with swimmers.

In 1.5 hours only got one follow and caught another tiny squid right near the boat ramp. Tried about 10 different jigs of various sizes and colour. Red got the follow, pink hooked it. No action on natural, green or white. I will leave this place for a month or more to let them get a bit bigger.

On a side note, I would suggest fishing an incoming tide (this is when I have had my best results off the rocks for squid).

Good luck!!

Regards

Michael

Hi guys and girls,

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried their luck around the malabar area lately? I have been really into squid fishing lately and am looking for some new locations where I can catch squid.

According to Google Maps it looks like it's a half decent place to try and catch Squid / Fish.

Is there any safety issues that need to be known prior to going to this area? If there is please let me know. I plan on going on the 3rd of April with a small group of 3 or 4.

What fish can you catch here?

Anyway, on a more interesting topic for me, is it possible to catch squid here and if it is possible are the numbers high?

Thanks in advanced!

Mike

Hey champ.

Squid fishing at malabar is quite good but only on some days. I found that walking out further towards the head is a better place to fish. Try to find a flat rock platform which has a small crack in between it. Much more squid than near the boat ramp. And bigger ones aswell!

Good luck mate!!

Hey champ.

Squid fishing at malabar is quite good but only on some days. I found that walking out further towards the head is a better place to fish. Try to find a flat rock platform which has a small crack in between it. Much more squid than near the boat ramp. And bigger ones aswell!

Good luck mate!!

Hey drew87,

there are so many ledges there lol. finding the flat one with a crack doesnt look like any easy task haha

I am thinking you're talking about the one as per the attached.. let me know if i am no where near it lol

post-25363-0-11993000-1395274119_thumb.png