Text Alert?

Ryder

As a landscape gardener I work several waterfronts and places with a view. I often see massive surface action ,and nobody on it, with no way to communicate to raiders without radio.

I'm not up with "techmology" but would it be possible to pass info on via text alert to members, from Fishraider on water at the time?

I know text costs but could it be passed member to member for a single personal cost? Only those logged on pay for alert?

Like I said I don't know much about this stuff, but I see the fish, I can't be there, and I think someone might like to know.

Ryder

If you want to tell other raiders about places firing post here in fishing chat via your phone. That way whoever is online at the time and thinking of heading out can take advantage of it and nobody has to depart with a single cent. As for raiders paying for a text service they probably do not want most of the time... I don't see it happening.

Just my 2 cents.

Luc.

Edited by Trout Stalker

Ryder thanks for the suggestion.

If you have a smartphone you can download an app called Tapatalk. You can post and send pictures using it from your phone. This is a very good way to do instant communication to other members. It is easier then opening fr in a browser.

Some members have notifications set on their phones when posts are made and will be aware when information is posted.

Members need to look in their settings and notifications on their fr account to set things up.

Forgive me if you already use it. Give us a message if you need help.

Ryder thanks for the suggestion.

If you have a smartphone you can download an app called Tapatalk. You can post and send pictures using it from your phone. This is a very good way to do instant communication to other members. It is easier then opening fr in a browser.

Some members have notifications set on their phones when posts are made and will be aware when information is posted.

Members need to look in their settings and notifications on their fr account to set things up.

Forgive me if you already use it. Give us a message if you need help.

So would it be an idea to have a dedicated pinned post called fish alert that is purely for LIVE ACTION REPORTS ONLY that raiders can mark as a "favourite" and receive notification when an alert is posted, like you do when receiving a pm.

Harry

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

So would it be an idea to have a dedicated pinned post called fish alert that is purely for LIVE ACTION REPORTS ONLY that raiders can mark as a "favourite" and receive notification when an alert is posted, like you do when receiving a pm.

Harry

I reckon that'd be the way to go Harry, a members only section, perhaps even for members with a certain minimum number of posts? Could encourage more involvement from quiet members too if it takes off.

Great collaboration guys. I can easily set it up. Where shall the pinned post sit? Who do you want to see it, all members or on post count. Only members who have contributed to our community should see it?

I'd say pinned all reports sections but showing the same data. Definite minimum number of posts for access, how many, I don't know 100? 200? This tool is a great innovation and I can see tonnes leeches just moving in to gather data.

Harry

but then the guy who started this and wants to add his live reports is well below that amount.

hmm maybe 50 then :)

Quick Ryder, post up some spam so you can hit 50 before you get blocked from your own post :risata:

I wouldn't make it too many if it were a post count as I could see folks just spamming the site just to get posts up as not everybody gets the chance to get out for a fish at their leisure. To be honest even 25 would be enough just to get folks active on the site. It also ensures that they get started and once started it is hard to stop... it was in my case anyway, but I'm kind of addicted to the place and like sharing what I have learned (mostly from here hehe).

Fences feel funny though. :P

Just playing devils advocate really and pointing out a couple of different sides of the story.

I do like the idea of a minimal amount of posts. Even if it is just 25 to get folk active.

Edited by Trout Stalker

Heheh there are areas already that are locked down in various ways. We are well aware of spammers that post rubbish just get get post counts up.we normally delete them all and reduce it back. I have many tools in the admin panel to do all sorts of things ;)

Back to the issue it is a good idea and something that will help our members. I will test it out on the weekend. Keep adding ideas :)

PS Anyone who types LOL as a post might be flagged a a spammer heh heh

Yeah well that would have been an intelligent response..... I suppose. It is keeping me amused on my train ride home. I have subscribed to this thread so the notification is jumping a cross my game that I am playing.

By the way there is a thumbs up emoticon you can use if you are into it ;)

"there is a thumbs up emoticon you can use if you are into it "

I'll have to learn all the long hand variations as the icons don't come up on my Samsung keyboard in tap a talk.

Looks like I better up my game!

SaltWaterDog