Narooma

loxo

G'day Raiders.

Heading down to Narooma for the Easter holidays for 10 or 11 days with the family and plan on spending a lot of time fishing. Having not fished there before I was hoping I could pick up some tips from anyone with some experience down there. I will have my dad's tinnie so expect to spend a lot of time on the inlet exploring. Not really asking for specific spots as such as I'm happy to explore but any general advice will be greatly appreciated. I have searched the forum and read all I could find so I'm just hoping for whatever help I can get in regards to general techniques, the area, ect. Happy to try bait or lure fishing, haven't fished blades before but they are on my to do list and would love to give them a crack.

We are staying at the Island View Beach Resort which is just on the south side of town. Looking at Google maps it seems there is another inlet (other than the main inlet in town) just down past here which opens up into a lake. Anyone know anything about this? Worth a go at all? Also as it looks like we back onto the beach I really want to give some beach fishing a crack having never really done it seriously before. What would be the easiest/simplest set up for a beach newbie. I have a 12 foot rod with a nice 4500 spinning real that I have used of the rocks before that I thought would be ok. Just a simple rig like a running sinker to swivel ok?

Thanks for reading everyone. If you have any thoughts or info for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Brett

Also thinking of going out on a charter one day possibly. Not sure if it's allowed in here or not but does anyone have any recommendations? If it's not allowed in here feel free to PM me.

Thanks again everyone.

Plenty of beach worms there for your use.

The southern inlet is a restricted zone. You can fish Carunna Lake a few km down south, good for flathead and other species on lure. Or bait.

Dalmeny to the north is also good for beach fishing but you need to walk along to get to good water.

Very light gear and you will get a nice feed in Narooma itself of flathead, bream and whiting.

Not fishing, you have fantastic Oysters in the area. Make sure you visit Tilba, Cabargo, Bermagui etc. the South Coast I'd fantastic. We have visited with the family for over 20 years and when your there you'll know why.

Also excellent gelato bar. In. Narooma and a few good food outlets.

Pete

Narooma is good fishing both inshore and offshore. The estuary has good fishing using soft plastics /vibes or bait. Good water out to sea from either Narooma or Bermagui but don't risk ur tinnie from Narooma...the bar is notoriously dangerous. Haven't beach fished there but with some beach worms and pilchards you should be able to get whiting, bream ,tailor or salmon from the beaches if you find a decent gutter and use berley. Good luck, Big Neil. Also a very good boat ramp there.

Thanks guys, been to Bermagui before and loved it but a day trip to Narooma while there really got me interested in staying there at some point. We did check out Tilba Tilba as well and enjoyed a few beers in the little pub down there while the girls checked out all the local little shops. Was a great day.

As for the tinnie I definitely wont be taking her out of the inlet, will be strictly estuary fishing in the boat unless I get on a charter one day. Thanks again for all the info, really appreciate your help fellas.