Sydney Saturday dollies!

mike2153

So yesterday I wanted to get my first dolly, never hunted for them so it was going to be interesting.

Launched at Tunks park yesterday at about 530,

Headed straight the bait spot to fill the live tank with a few mates. After we had 20 or so headed out in what was supposed to be 1m swell but was really more like 1.5.

Once we got to our spot I grabbed the rod with 20lb braid and a 4/0 circle pinned a livie and chucked it out within 10 secs of it being in the water it got smashed and I was on, for the next 30mins or so we were all pulling in 75cm - 85cm dollies every cast it was insane.

Once the livies were going which didn't take very long at all with started throwing some pillies out.

Same thing, getting smashed as soon as they hit the water with plenty or acrobatics and all lit up green it was pretty cool pulling these guys in.

One thing I noticed was plenty of rats mixed in with the dollies, each dolly hooked had rats chasing it up to the boat.

Then the mutton birds came in and the southerly hit and swell picked up.

We caught about 4 birds and had to bring them on board to unhook them all went back out unharmed even though one did bite me haha.

So after that we decided to head back in pushing against a southerly which took a while and was pretty wet. Overall we took home 6 dollies to 85cms and was an awsome day.

post-32602-0-46260400-1396129885_thumb.jpg

post-32602-0-83698500-1396130007_thumb.jpg

post-32602-0-22444600-1396130097_thumb.jpg

Lucky you got ouy early, we set out at 8.30 and started fishung about 9.15 fished for only about half hour before I pulled the pin, some of the swell on tge way back looled well over 2 meters, we had on wave break over the front of my boat which was very unsettling, drove out at 24 knots and back at 5 knots

Dollys were everywhere but happiest part was getting back all in one piece

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk