Landbased fishing near airport

kts350

I have my nephew stopping with me at the moment and fridays my day off so I thought I'd take him for a fish now since I haven't caught anything the last 6 times I've been fishing so I'm stumped at where to go. My nephew comes from Smiths Lakes and use to catching fishing just about everytime he goes, and a mate at work said he seems to catch fish everytime he goes over near the airport just wondering if anybody has any tips, and whether its a good land based spot.

Apart from wanting my nephew to catch something I'm sick of going home empty handed, I'm starting to doubt whether I'm cut out for fishing since I can never seem to catch anything.

kts350, can't help you with locations in Sydney but don't be disheartened. Fishing is about getting out there and having a bit of fun with your mates. Go to the area you have in mind but plan the trip round the tides and use baits for flatties, bream, etc. I'm sure you and your nephew will have fun and catch some fish. Just do it! Good luck. Big Neil.

Burley for about 20 minutes before you start fishing, then continue to do so at intervals. Fresh bait, I go as far as to have a small esky with a cooler block in it to keep my bait in pristine condition. Lighter fishing lines equals more hook ups.

All of the above on their own will increase your chances slightly...

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

Will try some Pillys, I haven't caught a flattie in that long I've forgotten what they look like.

Just getting frustrated I take my girls fishing and we never catch anything just finally want to bring a feed home the fish shop around the corner is expensive

Will try some Pillys, I haven't caught a flattie in that long I've forgotten what they look like.

Just getting frustrated I take my girls fishing and we never catch anything just finally want to bring a feed home the fish shop around the corner is expensive

Don't forget to burley...

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

Guest no one

I always find squid does the trick round the airport. Tough bait so it doesnt get stripped quickly also it doesnt go soft and mushy like Pillies.

Thanks guys might try and get some squid as well, maybe I'll actually be able to finally post a fishing report with some pics on firday

Fresh squid really works around the kyeemagh breakwall...goodluck

Guest no one

From the land Long Bay at Malabar is always a favorite... In Botany Bay... I've only ever caught Octopus while squiding