sydney to Cairns road trip. Where to fish?

whitjoe1958

Hey guys dad and I were looking into Cairns holidays and decided to road trip it with his 6.5m quinnie Centre console November this year.

It's a 4 week trip and want to fish a few spots along the way. Have never fished qld so advise on where to fish and stay is much appreciated. I love my blue water stuff And dad his bottom bashing so keen on anything. Thanks in advance for help :)

Edited by whitjoe

G'day the marlin should be showing up around cape bowling green south of Townsville around then. Mostly juveniles to 10-15kgs. But good fun on light gear.

If your keen for night fishing the fingermark will be around the headlands. The best bait being live squid which you can catch with small jigs 1.8-2, in the lights from the boat or even better a light in the water.

Not to mention coral trout if your willing to make the run out to the reef.

And as always mud crabs in the creeks.

Cheers Leo

Hey Leo Thanks for the info. Will Def look into all of that myself. Roughly how far out is the Cape and also the reef? (Obviously haven't done much research yet as we only gave the trip the ok today) boat is not really suitable for sleeping but happy to do 60km runs out in a day etc.

Thanks again