Port hacking with the girlfriend landbased

Witha

G'day raiders, so the gf just finished her first stint as a teacher and wants to come fishing with me on Wednesday :) :)

We usually head down to wattamolla but was thinking the hacking either at lilli pilli (or elsewhere if there are suggestions). Going to have setups ranging from light lures to heavy bait, with packaged stuff and hopefully rustle up some yakkas if they're usually there? Or throw a squid jig. The girlfriend loves catching anything...so figured I'd put her on the yakka rustling duty haha. Then bait up the big rod live (sliding snell, do you put a sinker on or not?) Am I dreaming with this plan? Any usual suspects that should be targeted here?

Any tips appreciated I know there are some veterans of the area around :)

Thanks in advance

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi Witha,

Use enough lead to hold bottom at Lilli Pilli as the current can move quick. It's a good flattie spot and who knows what else? You know how the Hacking can surprise. Ha! I'd gather yakkas at Dolans first. They seem to be there right at the pontoon, more often than not.

The two of you have a great day. I'll be there in spirit, while I'm up to my elbows in wound dressings at work. Lucky bugger!

Hi Witha,

Use enough lead to hold bottom at Lilli Pilli as the current can move quick. It's a good flattie spot and who knows what else? You know how the Hacking can surprise. Ha! I'd gather yakkas at Dolans first. They seem to be there right at the pontoon, more often than not.

The two of you have a great day. I'll be there in spirit, while I'm up to my elbows in wound dressings at work. Lucky bugger!

Thanks for the advice mate! :) ahhh back at the salt mines then :P just makes the fishing that much sweeter when you get a chance! good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Guest Aussie007

best to use what live bait is around u 50 yakkas and the only one struggling is attached to your hook will attract the bigger fish, try a long leader when land based so your live bait can move away from the sinker and dart away when something comes a long to spook it

wallys wharf is a gun spot but gets packed early and when u drive down see 2 bloke, park than walk down they have 10 rods spread out over the wharf lol

rig up a sabiki jig for your missus use the smallest sabiki jig u can find (hook size) than bait each hook with squid,prawns,pilly and note which one the bait fish are feeding on at the time than keep baiting up, the sabiki jigs will pretty much hook the fish them selfs so just dangle it just below the surface and wait dont strike untill u feel the weight thats how i use them

other option is to use a small size 10 hook with a little split shot sinker but u will need to find the depth the fish are at again just let them hook them selfs only lift it up when u feel the weight, a small 3-4cm piece of squid tentical fed on to the size 10 hook is a great match i use this in the bay and out fish my mates with sabiki jigs