Furuno fcv-627 help

Hussein kobeissi

Hey guys I've recently installed a furuno fcv - 627 with a 600W transducer and been using it the last few trips and having problems picking up fish offshore it works fine in the bay but once out past the peak can't pick up any bait fish or anything. Anyone else have similar problem? Got it installed by a pro but maybe settings have to be adjusted.

Cheers.

I would suggest using the manual function on the gain. Put it in manual and increase it until interference is excessive then back it off until it is fairly clear between surface and bottom, should mark fish easily as long as your depth isn't excessive.

Good luck

Marlin

Hey guys I've recently installed a furuno fcv - 627 with a 600W transducer and been using it the last few trips and having problems picking up fish offshore it works fine in the bay but once out past the peak can't pick up any bait fish or anything. Anyone else have similar problem? Got it installed by a pro but maybe settings have to be adjusted.

Cheers.

Maybe you are not in an area where there are any fish? A few questions.

How deep are you going?

Are you getting a bottom depth number?

How fast is the screen scrolling to the left?

Do you know how to set the gain in manual mode?

I have set the gain on manual and always play around with the gain, I set the sounder to 100metres and have been ontop of big bait schools and even marlin but never pick up anything out wide but I have picked up a few marlin and bait schools in close around the peak.