Any Fishing Tips For Me And My Family To Fish In C

FRANK

hello my name is frank and i will be coming to caloundra in the middle of october and i am bringing my missus and my to boys and we would like to have a go at fishing up in queensland , the only problem is we have never been up that way and have no ideas as to what are good spots for us to go i will be bringing up a surf rod but i am looking to fish mostly with my boys . they are to young for the surf and im looking for river type fishing or anything that would suti my boys any help would be much appreciated

Guest bluecod

:1welcomeani: Frank,

I'm sure some of the lads will give you some local tips - I always take a good King Size Yabby pump with me to make sure I get on to the best bait for estuary work [kids love collecting pink nippers as well].

There will be Flathead & Whiting around in the Passage during November. Any of the flats will produce them. Fish for both species on a run out tide & if you want decent Whiting use Soldier Crabs for bait. Put 3 or 4 on the hook & use a long trace. You can collect crabs at Monash St Golden Beach at low tide & its not a bad fishing spot either.

A net makes collecting crabs easy you can scoop enough for a session quickly & they are the top bait in this area. Nippers & worms mainly produce small fish but crabs last long enough for decent fish to find them.