Georges river from a pontoon

Witha

G'day raiders, headed down to a mates place at Oatley today to catch up...and fish off his pontoon :P why is it always the non fishos who have the best spots!

Started flicking plastics around for bream, with no takes. The water was reallly murky from all the rain and the current was racing out. Mate managed a couple of bream which had him stoked (put a pilly on a hook for him and he was happy to sit and soak it)

Decided to tie on a blade for the first time in ages, as I always manage to snag and lose them. Luckily its a very sandy bottom and what snags I did get pulled free. Managed a nice couple of flatties on the blade! Dark red a black colour. First big flatty on a blade went 50+. Had a couple of absolutely monstrous takes on it as well which near took the rod from.my hands..but they managed to pull the hook....grrr. there was some serious fight and weight to these two in the few seconds I had them on...would lovvvee to see them surface. Unfortunately had to call it quits just as the bite was hotting up. Non fishos just don't understand!!!! I'll have to educate him...

His folks were pretty incredulous that anything had been caught as they've never got anything. ..nice little ego stroke for me haha :P they said I'm welcome to use it any time...I don't think they quite anticipate what they've signed themselves up for :)

All in all good to get my confidence back in blades and check a new waterway out. Definitely be coming back for more. ..

Couple of pics

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Cheers raiders

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mate, Good to hear you had a great day. 50cms of flatty is a good score. Such a nice day too.

Wish I didn't have to work today, but my pay grade doesn't give me paid public holidays. To make matters worse, everything that could go, did go wrong. Started my day with a migraine headache, multiple upchucks, whinging residents, closed pharmacies, blood all over my uniform, the lot. The only good thing that happened today was that there were no one on the roads.

And to make matters worse, Easter weekends are hopeless for estuary fishing in Sydney. Think I'll stay home and take it easy. If you kept that flatty, enjoy a great meal.

Edited by GreyNurse

Mate, Good to hear you had a great day. 50cms of flatty is a good score. Such a nice day too.

Wish I didn't have to work today, but my pay grade doesn't give me paid public holidays. To make matters worse, everything that could go, did go wrong. Started my day with a migraine headache, multiple upchucks, whinging residents, closed pharmacies, blood all over my uniform, the lot. The only good thing that happened today was that there were no one on the roads.

And to make matters worse, Easter weekends are hopeless for estuary fishing in Sydney. Think I'll stay home and take it easy. If you kept that flatty, enjoy a great meal.

Mate that sounds absolutely brutal...don't envy you your day! Yup this was my only day off so workworkwork for the long weekend for me. In some senses I'm glad I'm working as you're spot on about holiday estuary fishing, glad I was on a pontoon! Hopefully get out again later In the week. Let all the fish swim off as we already had a huge slab of prawns and oysters from tue markets waiting! :)

good read

great job on the bream and flatties

i like using blades even though i havent caught anything trhat big on them

cheers

Thanks mate, yeah they're really versatile, small but easy to get down deep. First truly successful session with them. I just hate losing the buggers haha. I'll be trying them from the yak this week I think

Well done witha

What was your most successful technique

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically peg it as far as you can, let it hit bottom, then take up the slack and lift just fast enough to get it vibing, fairly short lifts just getting it vibing for a secons. then make sure you take up the slack quick so it falls on a tight line otherwise it's so heavy it just plumets to the bottom and you lose that valuable time on the drop for a fish to strike. One massive hit I got was when I was ripping it in twitches quite hard wasn't actually a technique I was trying to get it unfouled haha. But they seemed to like it. Basically SP technique with more line control to slow the drop :) by no means perfected but worked on the day