shocking in the bay

shadz

Had a shocker in botany bay today (19/4/14) no bites massive swell and a strong current there was no wind on the radar and at the foreshore boat ramp. If there is one thing I know is that when botany bay bad it gets worse a day to forget. Tried fishing at mollies point swells were smashing up against the rocks gave that the sack reel quick got sick from swell till we had enought just went home a day of fishing to forget better luck next time

Guest Aussie007

Had a shocker in botany bay today (19/4/14) no bites massive swell and a strong current there was no wind on the radar and at the foreshore boat ramp. If there is one thing I know is that when botany bay bad it gets worse a day to forget. Tried fishing at mollies point swells were smashing up against the rocks gave that the sack reel quick got sick from swell till we had enought just went home a day of fishing to forget better luck next time

u should have headed more into the bay mate no point sticking it out in shit conditions, the bay has a lot to offer in all conditions u just need to move around and find the best locations on the day

Stupid me I forgot to check the swell got home checked it on fox swell was 3mtrs.

Usually the bay is good we always come back with a feed we moved around abit until I got sea sick ( I tried not to think about it but it got the better of me) I just gave up my brothers had a laugh and I felt like throwing them over board lol

Hi Shadz,

Your right, the Bay was very ordinary today. We cleaned up on catching livies this morning, thinking that was going to be a good start to a good day.

All we did was managed to let the livies swim around off a hook for nothing. We jagged a few undersize tailor, some reds and a couple of rat kings.

We moved around a lot and left no stone unturned for very little result. Oh well, there's always next time and I was out on the boat.

It could have been worse.!