BB wide fad

hornets

Hit the water on mates boat first time after double knee replacement . My mates maiden dolly trip . Loadedup with essential yakkas at yarra bay and got out by 8am . They went off until we ran out of livies . Only 4 not legal . We kept 10 for family and suprise a couple of friends with fresh dollies for dinner. My kids made me sushimi 1 as soon as I got home . The rest ready for dinner . My mates is now hooked after numerous double hook ups.But it doesnt alway go off like thatpost-11296-0-41046900-1398061489_thumb.jpg

Edited by hornets

Well Done Mate, that's a good haul you got there. im just curious as Ive never fished the Fads with baits always trolling. I see alot of boats on them fishing baits however what rigs get used as it appears everyone fishes unweighted do you do the same with the livies?

Regards

vo2c88

Always unweighted with livie hook 6/0 on flouro just in front of dorsal fin .if I nose hook the dolly swallows it deep and you need to re rig if it's under size . I use biggest yakkas first as the small dollies can't get them down . I free spool with thumb on to let dolly take it first to swollow it then strike . Check out drift run and where they strike . There is an unwritten that you don't cut back in front of others drifting but start drift up current .hope that helps .

The livey takes off .I usually toss it a bit down current or free spool it to let him free from the boat . Dollies sit up high as well so they are in the zone as soon as they hit the water . One came up and took the bait a metre from the boat .