Abercrombie River

fragmeister

Hi Fishraiders,

Going on a camping trip with the family to the Abercrombie caves.

We cross the Abercrombie river on the way from memory ( went there 20 years ago).

Seem to remember it being quite a small stream with populations of small browns and rainbows.

Anyone have any tips for the area?

Cheers

Jim

I caught six pound brown trout there ( twenty years ago), sadly the drought killed off most of the fish by about 2003, been some restocking but the water levels been up and down since then, you never know this this of year you could be lucky and strike some fish moving up from Wyangala.

Charles

if its wombean caves its not the

Abercrombie River that is up the mountian on the taralga side.there used to be fish in that river last time i was in that area but it was 25-30 years ago.all the rivers on the taralga side were full of trout.google map the area you can see all the little creeks and rivers

if its wombean caves its not the

Abercrombie River that is up the mountian on the taralga side.there used to be fish in that river last time i was in that area but it was 25-30 years ago.all the rivers on the taralga side were full of trout.google map the area you can see all the little creeks and rivers

Spot on... I should stick to water I know!

It's the Wollondilly River.