Garmin GPSMAP751xs anyone else using one?

oz_brett

Just wondering how many people are using the same unit, it would be handy to be able to cross reference some notes & info?

Im really happy with mine got the nmea 0183 connected to the VHF's dsc,

added an external gps antenna (only to fill the holes left by the Humminbird)

TM150 chirp ducer & HD ID downvu (downvu has not hit the water as yet)

so far all is good!

Brett

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Brett,

I have the garmin gpsmap750s. Not sure if it is the same as yours. I am happy with its performance so far but I haven't been any deeper than 250m to test its limits.

Could you tell me the difference between a normal transducer and a chirp one? I only have a 600w transducer so I doubt it would perform well in deeper water. Have you had yours out deep?

Dave.

Hi Brett,

I have the garmin gpsmap750s. Not sure if it is the same as yours. I am happy with its performance so far but I haven't been any deeper than 250m to test its limits.

Could you tell me the difference between a normal transducer and a chirp one? I only have a 600w transducer so I doubt it would perform well in deeper water. Have you had yours out deep?

Dave.

Hi Dave

Mate like you I have not had the chirp in deep water, I also have the 77/455 downvu ducer that I seem to prefer. I gave the chirp a run today yes its clear & great when travelling but I still sway towards the 77khz but the chirp is only "a baby chirp" I would love to know what a decent size chirp is like.

I have had my chirp in 100m perfectly clear but no sign of fish if they were there? who knows!

Brett

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys

Ive just been reading through the handbook "once again" Ive noticed a couple of settings to adjust when in deeper water to get more detail.

1. Increase picture advance
  2. Adjust / increase TVG

I will be looking forward to getting out now to see what I can achieve, I will report back here with Detail.when I do

Brett