Blue Swimmers

Scent Blazer Lures

heading offshore tomorrow, I spend a few hours fixing a few things on the boat this arvo, putting in a new pump in and repairing a few hoses, there always something to fix

thought I'd throw a crab trap out while I was doing repairs, used pillies and dolphin fish scraps in a bait chamber for bait, got 10 crabs, six were legal, gave 3 to Andrew and kept the other 3 and released the smaller ones

tried to film it on the go pro by cable tying the go pro to the trap, 6 meters down it was totally black so the camera didn't capture anything, next time I will try sticking a light in the trap

Peter

post-22587-0-29480000-1398602537_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-21883400-1398602568_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-98176300-1398602597_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-43363900-1398602674_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-52935700-1398602694_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Hi peter

Good haul of blue swimmers. Maybe some sort of led torch will do the trick.

Harry

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, it was late arvo when I put the go pro in the trap. you lose a hell of a lot light at even at 6 metres underwater

I wonder if the torch will attract them or drive them away, I'll give it a go sometime

yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, it was late arvo when I put the go pro in the trap. you lose a hell of a lot light at even at 6 metres underwater

I wonder if the torch will attract them or drive them away, I'll give it a go sometime

There's only one way to find out, you might get back to the crab trap and find 30 crabs lol

I recon there would be hardly any difference in catch rate between those and witches hat traps but the hat traps would store more easily but in the cage traps easier to get the crabs out and no chance of a crab eater munching on your crabs

Nice job on the crabs there mate get a lot around my area

Great job mate

I love eating them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's only one way to find out, you might get back to the crab trap and find 30 crabs lol

Ok, I think they can get out of those traps. I had 4 in their the other day, I left them in the trap to take out a few hours later, a couple hours of later when I pulled the trap up there was only 2 left.

So they either found their way out or something ate them, not sure what would eat them inside the trap. Octopus maybe? They were big blue swimmers, so it must have a been a big octopus.

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Suspect it was a two legged critter, not 8 legged, that took your crabs.....at least they left you 2. Has happened to me often. If you check the trap and there are crabs, take them out. Unfortunately there are too many unscrupulous people around.

• 9 months later...