Port Stephens Nelson Bay Easter Weekend

fishing steez

Had a blast up in Port Stephens over the easter weekend, did all land based fishing and got into some red hot fishing. Spinning up Tailor on sunrise and sunset, hunting Jewies and Flatties at night. Landed some pretty decent fish including 2 nice Jewies one going 103cm and the other 87cm. Got a monster flattie on a fresh Tailor slab one night along with several pesky shovel nose sharks. A awesome trip all round cant wait to go back.

post-23511-0-36002500-1398739966_thumb.jpg

post-23511-0-62571300-1398739976_thumb.jpg

post-23511-0-04729700-1398739985_thumb.jpg

post-23511-0-58940000-1398740045_thumb.jpg

The tailor where all small around the 35-40, I didnt get to measure the flattie, but I estimate it to be around 85-90cm, but honestly I dont know, its still out there too as I let her go as quick as possible.

Edited by fishing steez

That's a great effort land based mate! Where abouts were you fishing up here?? Hawks nest??

Some cracking fish there!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

I fished a number of places including the break wall at the marina. The tailor were caught at the northern end of shoal bay beach, as was the flathead. The jewies were caught at one mile beach. A lot of big size bream were being caught at break wall, I managed only a few and one went 43cm.

I fished a number of places including the break wall at the marina. The tailor were caught at the northern end of shoal bay beach, as was the flathead. The jewies were caught at one mile beach. A lot of big size bream were being caught at break wall, I managed only a few and one went 43cm.

Yeah, nice work! Have seen some great flatties out of shoal bay recently. Also middle rock at one mile is a great Jew spot especially when the mullet are running!

Yeah, nice work! Have seen some great flatties out of shoal bay recently. Also middle rock at one mile is a great Jew spot especially when the mullet are running!

Thats where I pulled these two from. Just near middle rock on the one mile beach side.