Fishing Songs

Ryder

I started fishing with my Grandfather in Forster in the early 70's. I remember him singing Pedro The Fisherman on the way out and we always got fish. It was like a ritual

Anyone got a song that works?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol! I know of no bananas when fishing, but never heard of good luck fishing songs! Will keep it in mind. Normally have my headphones playing some hip hop/rap while fishing. Might try singing to some opera or listening to classical next time i head out and see if my catch rate improves :P

I've a terrible voice so don't sing. And much as I would love to blast out some Zeppelin. Pogues or flc. Got to be honest that I love the silence. All week listening to customers Wife and kids. It's a break for my ears as well as my soul!

......... SaltWaterDog

I've a terrible voice so don't sing. And much as I would love to blast out some Zeppelin. Pogues or flc. Got to be honest that I love the silence. All week listening to customers Wife and kids. It's a break for my ears as well as my soul! ......... SaltWaterDog

Moby Dick ?

Sorry no lyrics to Moby Dick just a Bonham drum solo.

Just thought of The Ocean , singing in the sunshine, laughing in the rain.

That's a fishmans diiti

Edited by Ryder

First time I chased snapper with my Uncle down in Melbourne's Western Port Bay a few years ago the Black Eyed Peas song "I've got a feeling (tonight's gonna be a good night)" came on the radio just before launching the boat, that evening we both doubled our PB snapper and had to chop heads and tails off to fit the fish in our esky :)

I have had the iFish/tackleworld jingle in my head the last few days, does that count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Cos today's the day your gunna wet a line"

Never heard it. Lol. Stop it....... Never get that one out my head!

Cheers scratchie!!!

"Cos today's the day your gunna wet a line"

Never heard it. Lol. Stop it....... Never get that one out my head!

Cheers scratchie!!!

You know what you'd rather be doin'!

Would definitely rather be wetting a line than sitting in the office right now :)

You know what you'd rather be doin'!

Would definitely rather be wetting a line than sitting in the office right now :)

Well , I have the boat hooked up, fresh squid caught yesterday. Longtail tuna busting up in the bay everywhere, all the kids at school........... And it's pouring down and I can't convince the mrs to go fishing!!!! Grrrrr

Singing must work... I often sing t

when fishing alone (doesn't matter what song) but never when fishing with someone else. So, I do OK on my own but if I fish with someone else we don't do as well, or they out fish me!

Baz

Sometimes the song that the three guys in the boat in Jaws comes to mind when I am out having a fish in old briney.

"Show me the way to go home
I'm tired and I wanna go to bed
I had a little drink
About an hour ago
And it went straight to my head
Where ever I may go
On land, or sea, or snow
You can always hear me
Singing this song
Show me the way to go home"

Luc.

What's the one about "you shall have a fishy for a little dishy"? I always sing that to my other half when I'm heading out. Then again I've yet to catch something fit for the table, so maybe it's time to stop...