SYDNEY SPANGLED EMPEROR & KINGS

craigbutcher

Well done Butch - I got a Spanglie inside Q-Station at Manly in January this year that was 46cm. Was great eating when filleted. Apparently quite a few hang around during the summer months. My fishing mate sees them in the protected area at Shelly Beach over summer

The Rev

Sweet catch mate, there are alot of them that hang around near manly and off rocky washy areas. I know someone who sees them all the time when diving and he tells me that theyre resident fish so they dont just come and go with the seasons.

Hi guys funny thing, my son recently did his dive ticket and one of the dives was at Manly (Shelley Beach) I think and I went for a snorkel while I was waiting and I swear I saw a whole school of about 1 kg models.

I have caught them off Coffs Harbour before when I was younger so know what they looked like, but was shocked to see them off Manly.

By the way plenty of quality fish in there - I think its a marine park though (sanctuary)

Thanks

Hey Butch it must be holiday time for them as I got a 62cm Spanglie up at Swansea on friday night while chasing Snapper.

Report and photos to follow later.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

My mate caught a 60cm Spangley off the rocks at little manly A couple of weeks back on a servo prawn. I have caught a juvenile one in the harbour but not this big

Was out yesterday and waters still 23deg!! Could only find rats though :nono: .