To the sand!

krause

Hi all, been out of the game for a while. Just wondering what has been happening on the southern beaches of late? Anything interesting to know? Im likely to spend a few nights hunting that illusive jew given the upcoming conditions. Any intel would be awesome, and ill keep you all updated i guess?

Cheers

Ive heard that about the smaller beaches, might have to give it a shot. Also, I might steal people's opinions on penn prevail surf rods. Thoughts on them for jewies? Looking at 12ft 10-20kg, 14ft 10-15kg or 12ft 10-15kg. Opinions for casting jew baits, likely 100-140g rigs

Fair enough. Ill keep that in mind, but they cost a fair bit more than I have at the moment. Im still after my first jew, so I think I will start with smaller strip baits

Ive heard that about the smaller beaches, might have to give it a shot. Also, I might steal people's opinions on penn prevail surf rods. Thoughts on them for jewies? Looking at 12ft 10-20kg, 14ft 10-15kg or 12ft 10-15kg. Opinions for casting jew baits, likely 100-140g rigs

If your going to be using light rigs in the 100 - 140g range a Prevail is fine. If you want to give them something to chew on (Big fish eat Big Baits) you can't beat a Snyderglas 13'6 7W Regal

Give Bundeena a miss.. Bull sharks are cleaning up Jewies before you can get them anywhere near the shore

Hey Crossfire,

I am interested in where the bull sharks are. Not from a fishing perspective but more related to my post regarding swimming in the harbour and bays.

I camp at Bonnievale once every month or so and swim all year round. Been doing that for 30 years or more. The increase in Bull sharks is starting to alarm me.

If you could PM me and let me know the specific area at Bundeena I would appreciate (and avoid ) it

Cheers

Jim

Hey Crossfire,

I am interested in where the bull sharks are. Not from a fishing perspective but more related to my post regarding swimming in the harbour and bays.

I camp at Bonnievale once every month or so and swim all year round. Been doing that for 30 years or more. The increase in Bull sharks is starting to alarm me.

If you could PM me and let me know the specific area at Bundeena I would appreciate (and avoid ) it

Cheers

Jim

Straight out the fron of the wharf and in the chanel that runs along the the beach towards Maianbar. Had two good fish bitten clean in half last week

Hi all, been out of the game for a while. Just wondering what has been happening on the southern beaches of late? Anything interesting to know? Im likely to spend a few nights hunting that illusive jew given the upcoming conditions. Any intel would be awesome, and ill keep you all updated i guess?

Cheers

The south end of Stanwell is a well known producer.