The addiction....er....collection grows

PM79

Nice...was the case included or is that an extra. Been looking for a couple of good jig cases.

It was extra, cost $12.

The Evergreen egi cases are, in my opinion, the best on the market.

Nice jigs I want some how much were they all up

Roughly $134, saved over $100.

Edited by reLapse

Size #2.5 Harimitsu jigs arrived today!

Hey relapse, I've found my Harimitsu's hooks too fragile. They break and snap too easy and they can also individually break their bond and 'swivel' out of place. I've been using them for a while now and like them a lot especially the colours but now I think Yamashita's are better overall because of the hook problem. Have you had any problems with yours?

Have you had any problems with yours?

None whatsoever.

Got a nice collection happening relapse.

It's getting there.

I've got the same colours, plus a green/gold and a purple/purple, in size #3 and I've still got another 20 or so to order.

Im avoiding buying more jigs until i sort a better storage solution for my day trips. I carry as little as possible with me on trips which is causing my jigs damage. Only using a small rapala tackle sling.

that poison bait colour is a killer.

Getting them from Japan im guessing?

Edited by 00ROTA

Harimitsu's sure have come a long way. I remember picking them up for 2-3 dollars back when i first saw them.

11 jigs for $112 is not too shabby a growth :)

But i will stick with my Yamashita's and Yo-Zuri for $8 each bought directly from Japan.

Im avoiding buying more jigs until i sort a better storage solution for my day trips. I carry as little as possible with me on trips which is causing my jigs damage. Only using a small rapala tackle sling.

PVC pipes cut to length with caps makes for great squid jig storage/transport for us light tackle carrying peeps :)

PVC pipes cut to length with caps makes for great squid jig storage/transport for us light tackle carrying peeps :)

Harimitsu's sure have come a long way. I remember picking them up for 2-3 dollars back when i first saw them.

11 jigs for $112 is not too shabby a growth :)

But i will stick with my Yamashita's and Yo-Zuri for $8 each bought directly from Japan.

Which website you sourcing your jigs from if you don't mind me asking. You can PM if you don't want to disclose.

Which website you sourcing your jigs from if you don't mind me asking. You can PM if you don't want to disclose.

heh heh i score my jigs from a mate who travels to japan yearly.

Shops at http://www.taikobo.net/en/shop/fish8.php 3 floors of fishing goodness.

Jigs are priced between 750 and 950 yen which include warm jackets, UV light, glow in the dark etc jigs.

The case in my picture is pretty small, 268 x 147 x 26mm.

that poison bait colour is a killer.

One of my favourites, the squid seem to like it as well.

Getting them from Japan im guessing?

Yes.

The only brand I'd buy in Australia is Gan Craft because they're actually priced reasonably compared to Japan.

Edited by reLapse

Not new by any means, i think that squid fishos are just starting to catch on to the higher quality jigs, such as Gancraft, Evergreen, Fish League, Breaden, etc.

I LOVE my gancrafts :D

I also personally think the Harimitsus are the best quality of the cheaper jigs.

I really like Gan Craft, going to order the Australian colours, but there's just something about the Harimitsu jigs that grabs me.

Edited by reLapse

Yep, comprehensive research has proved that it is true, like handbags and shoes for woman lures are designed to catch fishos. That is why we buy heaps of them and only ever use one or two favourites.

Cheers

Paikea

For those of you that have such an extensive collection of jigs, have you ever tried to go back and use a $2.50 jig from k-mart or Big W? I'm just wondering what the difference in strikes, hook-ups etc would be between them.

And give up all the benefits that quality jigs provide, never.

But that's what I'd like to find out. Are those "benefits" actual benefits, or simply perceived benefits from the point of the fisherman. I'd perform this experiment myself, but I've never caught squid, so too many variables :P

Definitely actual benefits.

I'm taking about jig action, sink rate and sink angle.

Those are the characteristics of it, and a perceived benefit. Given their function is to catch squid, a benefit would be catching more squid.

Maybe I'll do a study into fishing techniques for my thesis :P

Edited by dnmn8r

The quality alone of the jap jigs is enough to keep me happy! Cheap ones do work but I have seriously gone through so many due to cloth falling apart and stinkers falling out, etc. Not to mention sink rates and actions as relapse said. Definitely worth spending the dollars on the quality jigs!