Mercury Smartgauge

Paikea

My Optimax 135 has a Mercury Smart Gauge fitted that is supposed to read a myriad of functions.

The only ones that are of interest to me on a regular basis are Fuel Level, Battery, Trim and Temp.

The book says that I can have up to nine functions displayed as "Favourites"

The main function that I need is Fuel Level. But unfortunately I have not been able to either calibrate the Tank or get the Gauge to show what is left in the Tank. (that's why I still prefer Analogue Gauges)

Do any Raiders have experience of setting up the Fuel Level on a Smart Gauge and can run me through it over the phone whilst I am in the boat? I would be happy to pay for that service or alternatively to pay for a mechanic who is experienced in these units coming out to Cronulla to do the calibration. Any takers?

If no takers, does anyone know of any Mercury Agents in Sydney that could do this for me? (I had the motor serviced locally only two months ago and the agent was supposed to have checked the Gauge and the set up of the Trailer)

Cheers

Paikea

Hi, not that hard really and we did many back in the day. I am surprised a Merc dealer can not do this because Smartcraft has been around for many years-if you had the newer Mercmonitor system then yes that could stump people.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks Huey, I followed the manual to the letter but cannot get the Fuel level to work. I am wondering whether there is something wrong with the software or even the sender unit. That is why I need to find someone who is an expert in the system and can diagnose problems like mine.

Cheers

Paikea

Hi, if you have gone to the Cal2 and added the fuel tank capacity and done the calibration via the best way-being the empty to full way then yes the sender could be at fault. If you can readily access the sender you can check it but if the sender is working the analogue gauge I doubt the sender is the problem though.

Cheers,

Huey.