long reef

Guest stephanb79

Guest stephanb79

Hi guys

can some give me some info which is the closest boat ramp to go to long reef ?? I see on google maps there is a ramp next to to golf course or do you have to go from rose bay ??? Im in a 489 stacer with 75hp thanks and how far out is the reef

thanks heaps

it could be a long ride from Harbour to longy in a 4.9 Looking at the ramp beside the golf course I would be asking what winds to avoid & get some local knowledge before attempting it if swell changed direction or wind picked up you could make a mess of boat & people!

it would be great to launch that close though imagine an extra 2 hours fishing, if I ever get me a kayak I will be using that ramp :-)

hey mate,

i launch from rose bay, also little manly is closest from the harbour. the trip up is approx 16km so it is a fair way in a small boat. the long reef ramp can be tricky if you are not confident. surge, swell and changing conditions can cause havoc.

how big is your fuel tank?

Guest stephanb79

hey mate,

i launch from rose bay, also little manly is closest from the harbour. the trip up is approx 16km so it is a fair way in a small boat. the long reef ramp can be tricky if you are not confident. surge, swell and changing conditions can cause havoc.

how big is your fuel tank?

hey mate I have 75 ltrs and 75ph evinrude etech

hey mate I have 75 ltrs and 75ph evinrude etech

Based on that distance, your motor and fuel tank. No problem at all. In good weather, you should be able to get out there, troll around for a couple of hours if you wished and make it back to the ramp with plenty of fuel.

I have a 75merc and travel 16km to Broughton island all the time. Troll around, change locations and make it back with plenty of fuel and I only have a 50lt tank.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest stephanb79

Mate I have a 60 merc 4 stroke and go all the way to long reef from Drummoyne boat ramp downrig all day fish a bit around the harbour in the same day and only use half a tank no need to worry about petrol the other day I went offshore 10km and back to Drummoyne and in around the harbour and once agian only used half a tank. I have a quintrex 480 coast runner with a 60 litre and long reef is no

problem for me

Cheers sydneyfisher12

ok cool how far of shore is long reef and has anyone got gps marks

Guest stephanb79

Thanks guys not asking for ur spots I want a start thanks heaps might go out there sat morning hope it will have good weather

Guest stephanb79

I'm going to I'm looking for some snapper good luck

yeah you two thats what I want To go there for snapper what do you use there bait or plastics

Guest stephanb79

got the marks form you

Thanks mate some great marks in there

thanks for that !!! Great job on those marks is there any way I can tell how far out and these marks are ???

Guest stephanb79

I'm going to I'm looking for some snapper good luck

hey mate what time you going on saturday ??? and are you going from rosebay???

Guest stephanb79

not rose bay I'll be going from Drummoyne hopefully fairly early but I want to get lives incase there are kings at long reef or I might go to the fad later in the day but I want be at long reef by 8am see you out there

yeah i want to give it a try i might get to rosebay and get lives and then head out i want to be on the water by 4.30am !! you going to the fad in the 480 ???

Guest stephanb79

ok cool ive havnt been out that far in my boat its new !!1 ill give it ago my is the almost the same as your so y not the weather is looking go this it my boat

post-30574-0-33950400-1400054814_thumb.jpg

The pro fishermen launch from the ramp next to the golf course all the time. They back down the ramp and then head off to one side so the vehicle is on the ramp and the boat and trailer on the beach. Whilst still sheltered there is enough swell to make it tricky, especially on a glass boat. If you are experienced, it is ok, if not, spend the extra travelling time from the Harbour.

Steve

Hi Mate,

I use Tunks Park ramp and it takes me around 40mins to get to Long Reef in reasonable weather.

As some of the others have said, I wouldn't use Long Reef ramp unless you have experience.

Cheers

Peter

Guest stephanb79

Yeah ok looks like ill just use rosebay !!! Where do you guys get ur lives from squid and yellow tail

I think those marks are for long reef wide.

Try these for the dumped wrecks.

S33 43.095 E151 20.581
S33 42.940 E151 20.705
S33 43.012 E151 20.880
S33 42.919 E151 21.065
S33 41.910 E151 21.065
S33 41.189 E151 21.374