Stranded in Botany Bay...Please help!

turtleman

Without a doubt, take it to Huett Marine. A 45 minute drive for you but will be well worth the trip. I have used him and he is as straight as they come and knows his stuff.

Whether he was a sponsor of this site or not, would still recommend him.

Steve

Hi turtleman, your engine is a very straight forward engine so should be simply to diagonise the problem. We can look at it for you and let you know what we find and Cowan is about 1/2 drive from home at Strathfield so not that far to come.

Cheers,

Huey.

The loud pop you heard would just be a bit if fuel burning in the exhaust or something just a little back fire mine does it to if it hasn't been started in a while fairly normal

Thing.

Another idea it could be the bearing on the gearbox input shaft which is directly driven by the motor, if this fails it can feel like the motor is locked up when you pull it because the shaft is unable to turn due to a seized or collapsed bearing

That sounds like what happened with the pop but the collapsed gear bit scares me.

Ive gave up trying to look into it any deeper incase I make it worst than it is.

Thank you for the info tho. Im just gonna take it to a mechanic. Do u know of one in sydney area?

Cheers

Guest Aussie007

turtleman u really need a mechanic to do the work by the looks of it you dont have the correct tools, it'll be something simple like one fouled spark plug or dirty fuel system but now you've undone the head bolts u need a new head gasket and the proper tools to torque down the cylinder head