Nada at narrabeen

reubs

The tilt and trim died on my boat on the Easter long weekend and I've not got the parts to fix it so in an attempt to keep myself sane I thought I'd head down to narrabeen for a quick session on the tide change.. Got to the beach at about 8:10 armed with salted and frozen pillies...tried them whole...tried them in halves...tried them backwards...not even a miserable bite..... I was straight out from the walkway off Waterloo street. It was a magnificent night on the beach..no swell a full moon and so much peace it seemed like no one was having any luck though.. A couple of guys left about 10mins after I got there and they'd caught nothing too... I think I've lost touch with the fish ..... Anyone want to help me?

Cheers

Reubs

Try another area, get your boat fixed and concentrate on one target species. Profess that and then try another. You'll get there, don't stress and just think about what your doing! Good luck next time!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Probably swell was too small last night. I was out earlier in the week from 4-7pm across high tide and with swell just under a meter. There was no shortage of bites then. All the action was in the very middle of a big rip draining off the beach. Bream, tailor, and whalers, and I missed a bite maybe from a jewie by being too impatient for it to really take the bait before striking.

As bait, I used squid (not popular with the fish, it seemed) and mullet, which was definitely a favourite.

I find when the swell is small, the beaches go quiet and any action is less than 5m out from the beach.

Bad luck there.

I had been gearing up all week to plan to go out to Narrabeen last night to have another go at jewies, but spent most of yesterday fuming because I had to cancel that. Sounds like I might have saved a bung trip then :)

Hoping to head out tonight and have a go - been itching all week to get out

I'm heading there in an hours boys if anyone's is there feel free to say hi LOL gonna catch some livies then head for the pines there is a decent little gutter hopefully its big enough cos there is a few raider going I'm guessing