Where to fish land based around Mornington or westernport?

Jew Stalker

I am heading to mexico for a friends birthday and want to squeeze a days fishing in but have no idea where to go or what to fish for with my plastics. I would love to get onto some snapper but know I am probably out of luck land based. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers.

Luc.

Edited by Trout Stalker

Thanks mate, what do you mean when you said you used to gas bomb fillets? Why can't you use plastics on them? I catch them on plastics all the time here in merimbula. Would love to get a big mornington local on one.

Float fillets out about 100 to 130m under balloons. When you wree just about on the right spot give it a big heave and the balloon would come free and drop the bait to the bottom in about 30m of water.

Winga did a show on it.. Its great fun... but you need a reel that will hold a fair bit of line.

Don't think you can cast one of your SP's that far...You could give it a go I suppose

If you get a really big swell and strong winds you can catch big red's off mornington pier, but it's getting a bit late in the season now too so you'd have to be pretty lucky. Portsea pier is usually good for a mixed bag, especially squid, but personally I'd go to Phillip Island and fish either Cowes Pier or San Remo, you can catch just about anything from Cowes including Great Whites :P

Yeah don't do that, you wouldn't be the first one to get eaten off that pier... Unfortunately there's a pub very close to the pier and the odd drunk decides to jump in off the end of the pier forgetting how strong the current.. and sharks.. are there :nono: