Offshore 19-5-2014

pretty quiet, around 5 boats on Whale Fad, saw a couple of boats pulling in small dollies, water temp around 22

trolled pass the fad and got a hook-up on small dollie and dropped it, couldn't be bothered doing another pass we wanted something bigger so pushed out to the bait station with a couple of high speed lures out, caught a chunk of kelp going at 15 knots, it was pretty exciting there for a while, until we realised it was kelp

we kept the kelp for salad in case we caught some fish :)

got a few small dollies around the bait station then trolled to browns, some good water just outside the shelf around 23, bait station was 22.4 and we were sounding a lot of bait there a bit deeper, around 30-40 metres down

trolled to the death and got a dollie in the dark just inside browns

had an underwater camera out all day, nothing came up on the spread except for the small dollies we caught, and they were individual fish not in schools

its worth a shot out there, there are still some good temp breaks outside the shelf, I'm sure there are some yellowfin and marlin still out there in patches

good luck to anyone heading out

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Hello PETE, Thanks for the report, I was driving around for work yesterday TUESDAY , Went past the BAY, and went past SPIT BRIGDE and Narrabeen and it looked flat as a tack. WOW wish I was out there.

Thanks for the information it least you caught something

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Was out all day yesterday trolled from Botany Bay to Kiama canyons didn't even turn a reel conditions where perfect

Good work

At least u caught some fish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah its always good to get something, I am happy just to get out there. And a couple of dollies for dinner is a bonus

have a look at the underwater shot of the dollie taking the lure in the dark, you can just make it out behind the lure

might be heading out on Friday, I might start trying to target the tuna from now on, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is still a marlin or 2 around, just gotta be in the right place at the right time.

might not be the best fishing this time of year, but the calm conditions are hard to resist

post-22587-0-53716500-1400642603_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-10903900-1400642612_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-50463600-1400642616_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures