Black Hole Eging Rods

Linc

Hi Raiders,

I'm starting to get into Eging (squid fishing) but find it hard to dedicate the hours when I'm not catching many and know I could be off catching fish instead. I figured if I invest some serious $ into a rod it'll give me more reason to stick to it for a bit longer, as well as that slight competitive advantage it'll give me over the cephalopods, I also want a dedicated squid outfit so i can really get into this fine art, otherwise I'd just get an all round spin stick.

I'm looking into a Black Hole Black Water Professional Eging Rod, one site has them on special at the moment and it's very tempting, but has anyone had any experience with these rods or can anyone suggest a better Egi rod? I haven't even seen one of these rods in person so don't wanna be disappointed.

Cheers

Linc

I realize that. its more of a motivational thing for me as I'll have to spend more time on squid if I invest in them lol

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Oh dear, I know exactly where you are coming from.....that's me all over.....if I'm going to do something, I want to do it properly and to excess! There's no hope for either of us, but in the case of squid, I would say, save your money, if you have a Soft Plastic rod or similar eggbeater outfit, it will more than do the job. Use your motivation in getting out there more often in different spots.

Mate I just use my 8ft 2-5kg starlo six soft plastic rod worth less than $100. I have caught hundreds of squid on it and it casts the 2.5 and 3.0 jigs like a bullet. It is soft enough not to pull the jigs away from the squid and powerful enough to lift cuttles and occys up onto the wharf for a clean release if I get one of those instead of a squid. Spend the money on the jigs, it will be much more advantageous for you.

Luc.

Mate I just use my 8ft 2-5kg starlo six soft plastic rod worth less than $100. I have caught hundreds of squid on it and it casts the 2.5 and 3.0 jigs like a bullet. It is soft enough not to pull the jigs away from the squid and powerful enough to lift cuttles and occys up onto the wharf for a clean release if I get one of those instead of a squid. Spend the money on the jigs, it will be much more advantageous for you.

Luc.

Yeah I've actually decided to lean that way Luc, building up my jig collection as I've started to see the advantages of different sizes and colours for different occasions and water depths - cheers for the advice and thoughts fellas

• 2 weeks later...

If you got a huge budget for squid fishing then by all means get all the specific rod & reel. Just remember that you should spend the money on quality japanese jigs first as they are the most important component for egi tackle.