Flushing the motor

garfield28

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if any of the experienced guys can answer a question for me please.

If I go out fishing at night and say I get home late, and because its late I don't really wanna start the motor at 1 etc in the morning to flush it, is it OK to flush the motor in the morning if I were to get up and do it at say 8 - 9 am ?

I went out last Saturday night and got home at midnight, but I flushed the motor, wasn't really keen and I have a feeling the neighbors weren't too pleased :wife:

Thanks for any advice

Geoff

It's fine.

Even a few days is fine, Unless you have a really old motor.

People go away for a week or more and don't flush their boats with no worries.

Some of the more exp guys might have better feedback though.

Yeah the salt is not gonna have a chance to do any damage in that short amount of time, I think your neighbours would do more damage if you started flushing at 1am :)

on some outboards, there's a reverse flush.. its a hose that you can disconnected. i use that when i come home late at night.

then the next day, i flush it out properly

Edited by VViCKiD

Thanks for the replies guys.

Went out with my brother tonight to the spit, got nothing! I wish I knew how to catch bloody squid :blush:

Anyway its a bit after 1 in the morning and I just got back. The last thing I want to do now is start the motor and flush it for 10 minutes..... so thanks for the advice I am leaving it till the morning when I get up to flush it.

Thanks

Geoff