Narrabeen : another donut

SgtBundy

Rushed out to make Narrabeen on the high tide this evening - made it around 4:50 so pretty much at the top of the tide. Only had a short time as I was expected back home for dinner.

Set out a few mullet chunks over about 2 hours for no takes. Last retrieve I found my two hook snell setup had one hook missing. The bait didn't look touched so not sure what happened, it was a flimsy fillet so it might have been rubbed on the other hook.

Decided to save bait and home credits to try again tomorrow.

Plenty of others out but seemed fairly quiet. Surf was up on last week and it looked promising but no obvious gutters up the north end as best I could tell. As the tide retreated it turned washy and seemed like the deeper water was right out back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me one of my sessions there, not a bite for over an hour so for the last 45 mins before packing I decided to walk along the beach as I was fishing light enough: only using a shoulder bag, one rod no holder. As I walked along I casted my pilchard out and waited a bit then slowly started to reel it back then move along. After 20 mins of doing so I hooked up with a fat Salmon. I think when it's quiet, you can't just sit and wait for the fish to find your bait, you need to go and find the fish.

I have been trying some new beaches to get a feel for other areas. The last few times I would have tried moving except it would have been a hike to find a free patch of beach :)

I also have some lures that I might try when I get the time to do a wander along a beach

I have been trying some new beaches to get a feel for other areas. The last few times I would have tried moving except it would have been a hike to find a free patch of beach :)

I also have some lures that I might try when I get the time to do a wander along a beach

I was more concerned about the affects of too many donuts on the waistline, so keep up the walking :) :)