Blackfish at Drummoyne - Thank you Howsy the Blackfish Whisperer

poohbear

I have always been fascinated by the dark art of blackfishing. Watching the float - pure fishing meditation. Never been that successful though caught 3 in the past over some months. Arrived in Drummoyne this morning with some oldish weed and some prawns as I was sure the blackfishing was going to tank and I would then fish for bream on my spare rod. Tried for 30 min and then just gave up to start bream fishing. Have done this many times before.

Howsy arrives with his kit and countless years of blackfishing experience to boot. We got to chatting and he just looked at me and offered me some of his fresh weed and gave me an encouraging word. What followed was just a 6 hour masterclass by the expert. No serious lecture or instruction, just quiet understated tips almost in the form of friendly pub chat. I went from the occasional blackfisherman to an addict in 6 hours. The fish were not biting like crazy and a lot of touches happened without downs but he was untroubled. After 6 hours we ended up with 3 good ones and a few we tossed back. It was not however about the fish but rather the thinking, analysing, changing tactics with the changing tide, adapting to the conditions, mutual encouragement and the easygoing chat.

A day to remember.

Thanks mate

Poohbear

post-31210-0-23509600-1401012221_thumb.jpg

Edited by poohbear

You wait till he hogs the spot on ya; pinches the rod that's already rigged; only burleys up infront of where he's fishing and; tangles your line if you are getting more fish than him. :mad3:

Then talks smack about getting more fish on the car ride home! Or worse, he sends photos about catching them one after the other when you're at work.

You must have got my old man on a good day!

You wait till he hogs the spot on ya; pinches the rod that's already rigged; only burleys up infront of where he's fishing and; tangles your line if you are getting more fish than him. :mad3:

Then talks smack about getting more fish on the car ride home! Or worse, he sends photos about catching them one after the other when you're at work.

Lol..... Funny post!

I think someone has a few family issues that they need to sort out hehehe. There is an easy solution to that though... Don't take him out and send him the photos whilst he is at work. ;)