Sydney & Botany Wide FADS

GoingFishing

Hi Raiders

This is my first post in this forum, I've been following for quite some time but have only recently joined, looking forward to joining the family here.

My last weekend was a dream come true, the wife was occupied elsewhere both days so I took this rare opportunity to wet a line both days.

I had heard reports that the FADs were still producing , Saturday went to Sydney East for 5 Dollies on live yakkas and surface poppers. Action stopped after a pod of dolphins swam by for a feed of their own.

Sunday Botany wide FAD produced well on Sunday on lures, strangely they weren't very interested in the livies but I suspect that's because the yakkas might have been a little big. (Anyone know where to find those small yakkas in botany ? I normally stop near the tugboats. ) so 4 dollies later kept one let the other 3 go and stopped for two bonito on the way back in just outside the bay.

Gotta make the most of the warm waters before they disappear I guess.

Sam

Great work I didn't now there were still dollies around I went to the sydney harbour fad 2 weeks ago with plastics, bait, live bait, lures the

It and couldn't even get one dollie there were 15 boats all around me having the same problem.

By any chance would you no the temperature around the fads

Cheers sydneyfisher12

The Yakkas have been a bit on the large side in Botany lately, better for thai fish cakes than live bait unfortunately. There are the odd smaller one in near the tugs but they seem to get beaten by the bigger mdoels.

Hey Peter

hey that's unreal, its such a good season this year offshore, its amazing that the fads are still producing this time of year.

What was the water temp and did they have any size to them?

peter

Hey Peter

Big fan of them blazers. The temp on Saturday was 22.8 and Sunday 23.2

Most were around the 65-70cm mark but the biggest was landed at 81cm my PB on dollies.

Hey Peter

Hey Peter

Big fan of them blazers. The temp on Saturday was 22.8 and Sunday 23.2

Most were around the 65-70cm mark but the biggest was landed at 81cm my PB on dollies.

Nice, not big fish, but still great to catch. 60 is legal and I don't mind keeping couple that size to chuck on the grill.

I can't get out this weekend, I have the kid duty. I am hoping get out next week, I was going to put the trolling lures away for little while and do a bit of jigging waiting for the tuna to turn up.

But if the warm water is still around we might keep trolling for a little bit longer. We hooked a few blue marlin a few weeks ago in 23+ so anything can happen as long there is warm water around.