Kayak fishing mooney mooney creek

brecko90

My brother and I finally got round to buying a kayak and are looking to test them out on Saturday morning, hopefully going to get on mooney mooney creek, but as it's our 1st time I'm hoping someone can help me with things like where to launch, how far up the creek before it turns to fresh water, etc

We will mainly be casting hard body's and soft plastics around, if there's any other info you have it' would be a massive help.

I fish the system quite a lot and the three main fish you will find will be trevally, bream and whiting

I only use live yabbies now caught on the bank there is really no need for a kayak pump the yabbies on the sand flats on the sea side of the brige and there are heaps there 2-3 every hole

Go onto the sand or rocks next to the bridge and cast into the hole one left of bridge and on the sea side of it have one set out with a paternoster rig with a long shank and live yabbie this works really well for big whiting and then have a unweighted one to use for bream and trevally cast it next to the pilons on the bridge and just wait for you line to get tight and you're on

Up river it turns into a santuray about 10m from the bridge there is a yellow marker showing where you can't fish I've tried in the other side of the bridge but never caught any thing

Best time for me is a high tide

I've caught big whiting big bream and big trevally great spot and good luck

Cheers sydneyfisher12

I fish the system quite a lot and the three main fish you will find will be trevally, bream and whiting

I only use live yabbies now caught on the bank there is really no need for a kayak pump the yabbies on the sand flats on the sea side of the brige and there are heaps there 2-3 every hole

Go onto the sand or rocks next to the bridge and cast into the hole one left of bridge and on the sea side of it have one set out with a paternoster rig with a long shank and live yabbie this works really well for big whiting and then have a unweighted one to use for bream and trevally cast it next to the pilons on the bridge and just wait for you line to get tight and you're on

Up river it turns into a santuray about 10m from the bridge there is a yellow marker showing where you can't fish I've tried in the other side of the bridge but never caught any thing

Best time for me is a high tide

I've caught big whiting big bream and big trevally great spot and good luck

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Are you talking about the m1 bridge of the bridge over the Pacific highway, sorry I'm just unfamiliar with the area. Great advice I'll be sure to throw the pump in.

Sorry I got it messed up I was talking monna monna creek in Jervis bay

Sorry mate

Regardless of the mixup well done for putting the effort in to make up a photo map etc mate :) great to see!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk