Rose Bay or Milson's Point?

adamski

So I did my usual Friday trek out to Roseville, with the same old results of lots of undersize fish and no keepers. One of these days, I tell you! On the plus side, around low tide I stuck on a Z-man grub and managed to bounce him around for half an hour without getting snagged, in what I think might be getting closer to an imitation of the double rip I keep seeing on videos. Also broke out a spinner for the first time in ages when the tide started to come back in again and it felt good to try something I hadn't done in a while (though that did get lost on the mound of broken lines that must be sitting next to the bridge pylons).

Anyways, I was thinking about trying somewhere a bit different tomorrow. I haven't been to Rose Bay yet and saw that's pretty easy to get to from the city on the ferry. On the other hand, I see Milson's Point get mentioned a lot in landbased suggestions (been there once a while back and got a few undersize snapper). My thought are- Milson's under the bridge should be dry if it rains, right? But then Rose Bay might offer opportunities to hone the SP technique a bit more. I've got prawns and chicken with garlic here which I could use as bait, but I've also got a few different SPs to mess about with. I dunno, does anyone have a recommendation either way?

Thanks for the encouragement mate! Got my first Australian keeper bream last weekend, but it was pulled out the Cook's so I couldn't take it home (the girlfriend crucified me for that one!) It put me in an optimistic mood for today but seems like it wasn't to be. I'd just really like to get one at Roseville as I've put so much time and effort into that place. I know they're about- I even had one following my grub in today- it's just getting a hook up that seems to be the problem...

Anyways, tomorrow I'll go somewhere different as Roseville tends to get a bit busy at the weekends. Would you recommend either of the two places I mentioned?

Unfortunately the fish that hang near the landbased spots at roseville tend to be shy smart little buggers. Would definitely recommend another spot :) have had luck at roseville but only from a kayak being able to move about. If you do hit it again head to the rock wall near the boat ramp (the little bay side not the main channel rock wall) and throw your plastics out at the moored boats there. Picked up a legal trev that way once :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Also try rozelle bay, if you're inner west then it's a great easy spot to hone sp technique, that's where I do a lot of my quick sessions /got my first bream on SP. as it's straight down glebe point road so nice n close for me (marrickville). Unfortunately not edible but because of that there are generally some stonking big bream around

Thanks for the advice Witha, I could do with somewhere nearby to do some SP practice so I'll definitely check out Rozelle Bay over the next couple of days. Didn't realise you're in Marrickville, good Vietnamese pork rolls there ;) Do you ever fish Iron Cove?

Thanks for the advice Witha, I could do with somewhere nearby to do some SP practice so I'll definitely check out Rozelle Bay over the next couple of days. Didn't realise you're in Marrickville, good Vietnamese pork rolls there ;) Do you ever fish Iron Cove?

Haha definitely!

Yeah I've had a few sessions there, mostly for flatties which I've had some success with :) just near rod park along the rock wall and sand flats