Blackfish - narrabeen lakes

titto1960

I was looking for a spot to fish with my son for black fishing ,wasn't sure were to go last weekend,ended up at narrabeen lakes, asked the local tackle shop and he was kindly enough to tell me where they were bitting.well for the next 3 hrs it was like mayhem.we ended up getting our bag limits in no time at all.in the end we left them still bitting, apparently they have been there for 4 weeks and every one has been doing well, just thought I would pass this on for any keen angler to have a go at them , a lot of fun and a lot of cleaning.freezer now full with some good fillets, fish ranging from 32cm to 40 cm. have fun if you go there. Cheers

I was there last sunday with predator and there must have been 6 or 7 guys there with a bag limit each and where saying their freezers were already full.

Neither of us could understand why you could want so much fish and how there could be so many fish in one fairly small hole.

Well done ont he catch though, it has been good fishing there the last few weeks even for bream and flatties

I think it's a shame that everybody is taking home so many fish there because give it another month and they'll all be gone. Some guys must have kept 100+ fish past few weeks. Well done on the catch though. Would have been fun for you and the young one

Edited by Howdoweplaythis

my boy and i had a lot of fun,i can see your point re-why would so many of them fishing there every day just keep on taking out the fish when they already have enough for 2 freezer full,i do love eating alot of fish and had none at home,so getting 2 bag limits was good for me as i live along way from the sea and dont get the chance to fish all that much,i found that fishing for them like i do with mullet is basicly the same way.was a big frill for my son as well,but wasnt happy i had to do all the cleaning,but thats fishing,i would like to go back ,but would catch as many as i can and would let most of them go,the frill was enough for me and my son..personaly i think 10 should be a bag limit,thats plenty.it was fun and i most probably go back this weekend just for the excitment...and yes .they taste nice.cheers guys,,i here you.