offshore 4-6-2014

ok, we got 5 small dollies, 3 of them around Secret Fad 19 and 2 of them wider along the shelf. We dropped a few as well, all small fish, 60-70cm

water temp 20 out of the heads then picked up to 21.5 just inside the 12 Mile where we decided to drop the lures in. The warmest water we found was 22 around Fad 19. The shelf was 21.7 and it was the same all the way 10 miles east of Browns. The current is really strong 4 knots at least running north the south.

Took 2 Korean friends with us, they were sick as dogs all day. They spent most of the day sleeping in cabin in-between getting up to throw up :) But they said they were keen to try it again, one of them is a chef so we were hoping for a tuna so he could turn it into fresh sashimi, but not such luck.

We almost lost a camera on the fad, the current pushed the camera and lure into the fad rope and the lure got caught, had a hell of time getting it off, wind and current made it hard to back up onto it to release it, but we did it. We got some good footage of on it, and we saw there still lots of dollies and small kings hanging around that fad.

Peter

SB - Lures www.scentblazer.com

post-22587-0-16947100-1402019134_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-89119800-1402019150_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-76602900-1402019171_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-22047100-1402019187_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-13732600-1402019204_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

yeah its a bummer, oh well the tuna will show up soon I hope

I got a report on the weekend, a boat got a stripped marlin about 5 miles east of Browns in 20.7 on Saturday, its such a good season if there is still marlin around

I thank global warming for that, Sydney might be the new tropics :)

might head out tomorrow for a few hours in the morning just to Long Reef and maybe try to get a few of those kings everyone is catching.

yeah its a bummer, oh well the tuna will show up soon I hope

I got a report on the weekend, a boat got a stripped marlin about 5 miles east of Browns in 20.7 on Saturday, its such a good season if there is still marlin around

I thank global warming for that, Sydney might be the new tropics :)

might head out tomorrow for a few hours in the morning just to Long Reef and maybe try to get a few of those kings everyone is catching.

you are right, not sure about location but I think your talking about one my friend caught it about 10am that morning.

Told me the return Journey was not fun

Great result after a lot of effort.

tuna have to turn up soon, can't wait for a chance to catch one

regards David

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk