Is it just me about Jewfish?

thirtyohsixer

Hi all. I have been reading the forums lately. So many about catching jewfish, but none about actually how great they taste, or eating them. Lol. are they good for food or just sport? It cracked me up, when it clicked in my head that the infactuation with Jewfish ends at the photo shot. Then nothing........ lol.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

They taste like crap...........leave them all in the ocean :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

But seriously......the smaller one tend to be very soft and have a weird type of flavour...... The bigger ones (1 meter +) are probably one of the best eating fish in the ocean.

Cut into cutlets and BBQ'd with a bit of lemon, salt and cracked black pepper served with a rocket and feta salad A+++

Filleted grilled and served with chips, garlic aioli and your in business.

Do a whole one stuffed with any type of tropical fruits,(mango, pineapple, kiwi fruit, dragon gruit etc) and lemon and limes, smear outside with butter pour a little champaign over it, wrap it in foil and cook it for about 30 to 40 minutes on a low webber......as Peter Russell Clarke would say "Bliiiisssssssssssss"

The smaller ones are known as 'Soapies' due to the taste.

The bigger ones are great eating.

A bit work with knife and hacksaw to get the cutlets.

Some surgery and a hammer to get the jewels.

I don't freeze a lot ,I share it around.